Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > how can you check if your tires are balanced?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-13-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

how can you check if your tires are balanced?

A few years ago I bought 18" wheels and had them mounted and balanced. I was just wondering if they will ever need to be rebalanced? or if changing the size of the tires, will they need to be rebalanced?

and by changing the wheels from stock to aftermarket, will the alignment need to be recalibrated? I want to put my old wheels on my car just for a minute to see how they look but, not at the risk of screwing up the alignment or suspension of the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

No alignment needed unless you are going with a huge wheel and tire combo and you need more camber to clear the fender...

Wheels and tires are balanced together, wheel balance doesn't mean anything unless there is a tire mounted and ready to go on your car. So yeah you change out tires you have to have your wheels rebalanced.

A set of wheels and tires mounted a few years ago shouldn't need to be "re-balanced" though you might want to check and sure they are good go PSI wise, and make sure they haven't been damaged.

Mounting up your old wheels and tires will not hurt anything unless you over torque your bolts.