F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Calling Venicci car seat owners...
Studio RSR

08-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Calling Venicci car seat owners...

The venicci isofix base doesn't seem to be compatible with my 3 series!

On my wife's Golf, you remove a couple of covers for the isofix mounting points and the isofix base clicks straight on. Unfortunately on the F30 the anchor points are recessed behind the seat, and the design of my isofix base won't clear the middle seatbelt to allow connection!

Is anyone using a venicci isofix successfully? Failing that, what bases are people using?

Apologies for the boring thread - but I did choose this car to cover family duties!!
      08-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
Canary_Yellow
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport + LCI MG

I have a maxi cosi base, but it appears to be quite similar to the Venicci from a quick google.

What do you mean exactly by it not clearing the seatbelt? Is it that the prongs that attach to the fixing points are wide? The maxicosi ones are thin, so that could be the difference.

I have the folding rear bench so it has the plastic covers over the isofix points which makes life easier.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Exactly that mate, the prongs on the base itself are quite wide so they catch on the seatbelt. Wouldn't be an issue if I had same setup as you, but I have the fixed rear bench which was an oversight in itself.

My sister has the maxi cosy base so will try that and maybe get an adaptor for the car seat.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Exactly that mate, the prongs on the base itself are quite wide so they catch on the seatbelt. Wouldn't be an issue if I had same setup as you, but I have the fixed rear bench which was an oversight in itself.

My sister has the maxi cosy base so will try that and maybe get an adaptor for the car seat.

Cheers
We have a Graco car seat base and it works fine. Are you able to take a picture of the issue you are having? I know that the seat belt base (where the belt clicks in) is quite flexible and can be pushed down if that's what is getting in the way?

Also, are you certain that the prongs don't extend any further? Our isofix base has adjustable prongs for issues such as that which you have mentioned.
      08-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #5
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

You can get adaptors that'll fit your Venicci car seat to a different pram / stroller, but you can't buy adaptors to fix a car seat to a different isofix base that's not compatible. And I don't think Venicci seats are compatible with other bases I'm afraid.

If the Venicci base doesn't fit your car, you will likely have to buy a separate base and seat. (Maxi Cosi two way and a Pebble is popular for good reason).
Appreciate 1
KCH1984951.50
      08-25-2017, 08:51 AM   #6
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
We have a Graco car seat base and it works fine. Are you able to take a picture of the issue you are having? I know that the seat belt base (where the belt clicks in) is quite flexible and can be pushed down if that's what is getting in the way?

Also, are you certain that the prongs don't extend any further? Our isofix base has adjustable prongs for issues such as that which you have mentioned.
I've extended the prongs as far as they'll go - the issue is the grey plastic buttons on the isofix won't clear the seatbelt holder. I can't get the prongs in low enough to attach to the anchor points as a result

The base can be secured using the seatbelt alone, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as solid!
Attached Images

08-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #7
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
I've extended the prongs as far as they'll go - the issue is the grey plastic buttons on the isofix won't clear the seatbelt holder. I can't get the prongs in low enough to attach to the anchor points as a result

The base can be secured using the seatbelt alone, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as solid!
Oh man that's annoying, my only suggestions are:

If you can't push the seat belt clicky thing in any further, try and pull it out?

Does it help if you switch between behind driver seat/behind passenger seat?

Failing this, the base is a no go... or if your child is old enough, you can attempt the front seat?
      08-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Yeah there's no way to get it attached, and both driver and passenger side are the same.

The only silver lining being that it fits perfectly in the wife's GTD so that will remain the designated baby carrier for now until we're up a size in car seat!