F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tootle and other ways to sell car
ARMA SPEED

08-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
Stefantomas
Private
Rep
Drives: 430d gran coupe

Tootle and other ways to sell car

Hi my 430d gran coupe m sport 2015 has to go as my new Audi s5 sportback (I know, but needed a change after 3 bmws) is due for delivery soon

Anyone used tootle? Other than them I may have to go down the private sale route.

Any advice from people recently sold their cars?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #2
Odyn
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant

I sold a 2016 Audi A6 through Tootle in May. Within half an hour of putting it up I had about 5 offers, 4 of them from WBAC-style outfits offering about £1-2 thousand below my asking price of £26200 (still higher than WBAC's own offer of around £23k).

I also had an offer of the full amount and received a phonecall from a man from a small dealership in Ireland who offered to come and buy the car the next day. I was highly sceptical at first but after some research his dealership seemed genuine and I hadn't found any reports of anyone being conned on Tootle.

I met the guy in the town I work the following day, he'd come by train and was picking up several cars that day and transporting them all to Ireland. Nice chap, only trouble was a little hitch with the payments but that was down to our respective banks - my advice is make sure your payments are sent through in business hours to receive them instantly.

So for me Tootle was great. It doesn't hurt to put your car on there as if the offers aren't to your satisfaction you have no obligation to sell and can just ignore them. All the best!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Just tried Tootle selling my E91 335d.
3 offers within 5 days, somewhere between WBAC and the price I got from a "private" buyer.

Mike
Appreciate 0