THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics BavSound Subs on M235 w/o HK System

09-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
sds0918
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235 2015

BavSound Subs on M235 w/o HK System

First of all... I went from a 2013 3 series with base sound system to an M235 with base sound system and expected it to be on the same level... holy shit the m235 has some crappy stock speakers and subs.

My question to you guys is: Has anyone just upgraded to the BavSound Sub-Woofers and been pleased with it? Or would you suggest to get the whole speaker set? Also, is it worth getting the two tweeters for the edges of the door that are not on the stock system and retrofitting it?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
JerryW235
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 40i; 2021 X3 M40i

There are a number of threads on the forum on audio system upgrades, including on the Bavsound underseat speakers. You may want to read through some of them if you haven't already, there's a lot of good information and opinions out there. In regard to your setup and question, I have a M235i with the base audio, and upgraded to Bavsound speakers front and rear. I added the tweeters in the door panels, and the rear deck, and think it made a lot of difference, having the sound from them come out higher up, closer to ear level, rather than at your knees. The Bavsounds made a tremendous difference in sound quality over the stock speakers. I did the door and rear deck speakers first, and then added the Bavsound underseat woofers, and they also were a great improvement over the stock speakers. I also upgraded the amp, which helped, but there is a definite improvement with just the speakers.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds0918 View Post
Has anyone just upgraded to the BavSound Sub-Woofers and been pleased with it? Or would you suggest to get the whole speaker set? Also, is it worth getting the two tweeters for the edges of the door that are not on the stock system and retrofitting it?
Generally speaking, the underseat drivers are actually the best drivers in the car by a considerable margin on either audio package (base or HK). I would upgrade the other drivers before the underseats -- and, after that, I would add an amp before upgrading the underseats.

Do as JerryW235 suggests; read some of the other upgrade threads. There's great information in them.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds0918 View Post
Has anyone just upgraded to the BavSound Sub-Woofers and been pleased with it? Or would you suggest to get the whole speaker set? Also, is it worth getting the two tweeters for the edges of the door that are not on the stock system and retrofitting it?
Generally speaking, the underseat drivers are actually the best drivers in the car by a considerable margin on either audio package (base or HK). I would upgrade the other drivers before the underseats -- and, after that, I would add an amp before upgrading the underseats.

Do as JerryW235 suggests; read some of the other upgrade threads. There's great information in them.
That said be opportunistic. GF has ghost subs only for now bc I got a good deal from a forum member. So don't skip a good deal on lower priority items - it all helps.
Appreciate 0