BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
gregoryw1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 30i

Garage List
2015 X3 35i  [0.00]
Pricing policy?

So what’s the policy on here, written or un-written, about posting our builds and price we paid. I could see dealers not being too happy if we share the details publicly. Or does it not matter? I got what I think is a pretty good deal but don’t want to post if I’m not supposed to.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
G30Nashville
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryw1 View Post
So what’s the policy on here, written or un-written, about posting our builds and price we paid. I could see dealers not being too happy if we share the details publicly. Or does it not matter? I got what I think is a pretty good deal but don’t want to post if I’m not supposed to.
You can post whatever you please. Dealers have no say. Typically those will share pricing in the order and tracking sub forum.

Did you purchase or lease?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
ZHPsedan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 750i

Garage List
2022 BMW 750i  [0.00]
I think it's best that everyone share their deals they make as publicly as possible.

There's a very popular thread on an F150 forum called "just tell us how much under invoice you paid" basically where everyone on there posts what they paid and shares how they got that low. Good for the community in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
IanmartM5
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPsedan View Post
I think it's best that everyone share their deals they make as publicly as possible.

There's a very popular thread on an F150 forum called "just tell us how much under invoice you paid" basically where everyone on there posts what they paid and shares how they got that low. Good for the community in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPsedan View Post

How is having a dealer sell a car for under what it costs them to procure the car from the manufacturer good for the community?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #5
ZHPsedan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 750i

Garage List
2022 BMW 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanmartM5 View Post
How is having a dealer sell a car for under what it costs them to procure the car from the manufacturer good for the community?
You think that the invoice price is actually what they pay for them?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #6
dubveex3
Rep
Drives: MY20 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanmartM5 View Post
I guy that used to have a GM dealership told me that way back in the day, and without getting into holdbacks and incentives, etc., the "invoice" price was a pretty accurate number.

But once more and more people would come into the dealerships with the invoice price knowledge in hand, the industry tweaked the way invoice pricing worked, and the actual dealer cost is less than the published invoice pricing.
I'd guess the specifics are outdated, as things have continued to evolve, but you can bet that the invoice is still no longer actual dealer cost.
Appreciate 1