E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 330i Electrical Problems?

10-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
brabusbrad
Rep
Drives: 330i 2006

E90 330i Electrical Problems?

Hi everyone,

My car is 12 years old with 210,000 km. I live in Canada so the car has seen all types of weather conditions. However, as of late I seem to be encountering electrical issues since the temperature started dropping. My windshield wipers stopped working at one point but now it works, one of my rear lights went off but occasionally it pops back on which suggests an electrical issue rather than a burnt bulb, and my rear windows get stuck when I roll them all the way down. Have any of you encountered these issues, I'm just trying to figure out if they're all connected in a way, or if they're all independent events.

Thanks,
Brab
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

to keep it short-- yes I have experienced these electrical issues. Definitely the wipers randomly refusing to work, definitely the rear windows getting stuck all the way down. Not sure about the tail light. Our cars are getting old and glitches are bound to occur.

I can always get the wipers operating again or the windows rolled back up if I turn off the car, remove the key, wait 5-10 seconds, re-insert the key, and then try to use those features. Does shutting the car off fix them for you?
      10-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
brabusbrad
Rep
Drives: 330i 2006

Thanks for the reply, the wiper issue doesn't happen often enough that allows me to try your solution but it is a concern of mine as winter is coming so I'll probably do some preventive maintenance. I'll check the tail light tonight to see if it's the bulbs or not. However the rubber protector for the wires that connect to the trunk from the body of the car is partly torn which exposes the wiring. This looks like something I should probably replace?

Thanks,
Brab
Appreciate 0