E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Transmission blues...please help!

10-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
mike sevel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i atlantic blue

Transmission blues...please help!

'08 E93 57k miles. Trans acted up badly after a fluid change. Had Aamco rebuild it for a ton of cash. It is a GM trans. After rebuild, trans acted badly,
Klunk in to gears, hunting, vague shifting etc. Took it back 3 times. The last reset improved operation slightly but it is far from normal. Aamco sez they can't improve any further. They used reman BMW torque converter and all BMW parts and fluid (so they say).
BMW sez they will analyze for $120 and full reflash for another $250 but warned that they cannot guaranty shifting improvement.
This sucks!! Any trans experience bloggers out there who can give me some advice?
Much appreciated.
Mikey
New Braunfels, TX
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike sevel View Post
'08 E93 57k miles. Trans acted up badly after a fluid change. Had Aamco rebuild it for a ton of cash. It is a GM trans. After rebuild, trans acted badly,
Klunk in to gears, hunting, vague shifting etc. Took it back 3 times. The last reset improved operation slightly but it is far from normal. Aamco sez they can't improve any further. They used reman BMW torque converter and all BMW parts and fluid (so they say).
BMW sez they will analyze for $120 and full reflash for another $250 but warned that they cannot guaranty shifting improvement.
This sucks!! Any trans experience bloggers out there who can give me some advice?
Much appreciated.
Mikey
New Braunfels, TX
Are you sure they used BMW trans fluid, did u get the filter changed too?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike sevel View Post
Much appreciated.
Mikey
New Braunfels, TX
Does this transmission have a warranty? If it does and you are not happy with the way it is and there is clearly a problem with it (verified by BMW) it should be rebuilt again the right way.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
robthewrench
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335i

Pay BMW to analyze, but do not pay them to reflash. If the BMW report shows any issues, go back to Aamco with the report and require them to fix all issues under warranty at no cost to you.