F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts > FS: BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
ARMA SPEED

10-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

FS: BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For Sale $700

Used BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Parts 51142348098 AND 51142348099

No broken tabs

EDIT: seems some internet trolls have nothing better to do than spam thread with misinformation.

One states I haphazardly threw these on the bricks.

I originally tried to photograph these inside but the glare from lights and flash reflection washed out the details on the carbon fiber so I took them outside for natural light.

First I carefully placed them against a white surface in sunlight, but that also caused to much light reflection from the white surface and a loss of detail of the carbon fiber finish.

So then I carefully and strategically placed them against the darker brick background where I could photograph in the correct light without throwing a shadow.

Others insist you need to be babied, even though the part numbers are listed as are photos. They think you do not know the shape of your current mirror caps and it needs stating that these fit only those that have done the M3/M4 mirror swaps detailed in several threads and also sold in the section.

Even though they never spam other threads where parts only fit a F32 and not a F30, they seem to think you are not smart enough to know what you are buying in this thread.

Even though I have asked everyone that has messaged if they have replaced their F3x with F8x mirrors, they seem to think you are just not that smart.

So for total clarification, unless you have performed the F8x mirror upgrades, these will not work for you.

Attached Images

Last edited by kabrichx; 11-12-2017 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4490.00
      10-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

$700??? Is that an error? How much are they new? Fuck bmw lol god damn!!
Appreciate 2
IK6SPEED4490.00
kern4174449.50
      10-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Yes, I understand that many cannot afford.

Of course you can purchase new for $940.

Thanks for the bump.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4490.00
      10-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabrichx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Yes, I understand that many cannot afford.

Of course you can purchase new for $940.

Thanks for the bump.
I'm not knocking your price, it's a beautiful piece that you pay top dollar for. Bmw is simply crazy because those pieces don't cost much to manufacture. Pure Bmw tax right there when you can have other reputable CF branded covers for a 1/4 price.

Brand new price is obscene.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

As noted from those who have gone the cheap route, you get what you pay for.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1425007

You can also have Maaco paint your BMW for $299.

I wouldn’t.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #6
jv004
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

This wont fit F3x side mirrors I don't think. Those part numbers are for f80/f82 OEM side mirrors and reason why they have the bmw tax.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #7
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv004 View Post
This wont fit F3x side mirrors I don't think. Those part numbers are for f80/f82 OEM side mirrors and reason why they have the bmw tax.
Correct.

Those who can afford these have retrofitted M3/M4 Mirrors on their F3x.

That’s why the part numbers were listed.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 02:04 AM   #8
Hash Swan
Rep
Drives: BIM

Why not post these on the F80/F82 M3/M4 forum? They can afford these.
Appreciate 1
Insane435477.50
      10-26-2017, 02:11 AM   #9
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash Swan View Post
Why not post these on the F80/F82 M3/M4 forum? They can afford these.
Why are you mistakenly ASSUMING they are not posted there?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #10
TheLeusOne
RepeatBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Mineral

Kabrich...you come off as a snob and a jerk. Quit ASSUMING people here can't afford them just because they don't want to pay for your mirror caps.

You have 0 itrader history and you're trying to sell $700 mirror caps. You should expect questions. If "you can afford it" just buy an M3. Oh, and the link you posted is a couple people with bad experiences paying for $100 mirror caps. In that same thread one of those guys even scoffed at the price of OEM and said he could replace those every 6 months for the remainder of his lease for cheaper. There are cheaper, quality options available.
Appreciate 4
DG20966.50
M3EW221.00
      10-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #11
TheLeusOne
RepeatBMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeusOne View Post
Kabrich...you come off as a snob and a jerk. Quit ASSUMING people here can't afford them just because they don't want to pay for your mirror caps.

You have 0 itrader history and you're trying to sell $700 mirror caps. You should expect questions. If "you can afford it" just buy an M3. Oh, and the link you posted is a couple people with bad experiences paying for $100 mirror caps. In that same thread one of those guys even scoffed at the price of OEM and said he could replace those every 6 months for the remainder of his lease for cheaper. There are cheaper, quality options available.

P.S. - every single one of your posts is you trying to sell something, or commenting on why your OEM used items are better than someone's non OEM item. We get it, you're an OEM whore....that's fine, many of us are. Why don't you try contributing to the forum, and then use the classifieds. Or better yet, setup a business and become a sponsor. I mean, "if you can afford" a business license.
Appreciate 4
7iM3less2595.00
M3EW221.00
      10-27-2017, 12:16 AM   #12
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You need to reread. The only people who cannot afford are those complainng about the price. These are sold all the time in M3/M4 classifieds.

Quote:
P.S. - every single one of your posts is you trying to sell something, or commenting on why your OEM used items are better than someone's non OEM item. We get it, you're an OEM whore....that's fine, many of us are. Why don't you try contributing to the forum, and then use the classifieds. Or better yet, setup a business and become a sponsor. I mean, "if you can afford" a business license.
Seems as my comment must have hit close to home for you.

Let’s recap.

You have 171 posts and 12 reps for 6% REPs on your posts.

I have 46 posts and 4 REPs for a 9% REPs on my posts....almost 50% more.

Perhaps take your own advice and contribute better to the forum before selling all your stuff, especially if your posts are indicative of the 2 you posted here.

Then again, perhaps with that percentage you should pay to be a forum sponsor with your 3 sales?

Forum rules dictate not spamming members classifieds, especially with negative price posts. If those above had followed rules, then perhaps I would not have not to respond with the reality of the situation.

By the way, not everyone of my posts are trying to sell something. Another mistake on your behalf.

Last edited by kabrichx; 10-27-2017 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4490.00
      10-27-2017, 12:29 AM   #13
TheLeusOne
RepeatBMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seems as my comment must have hit home for you.

Let’s recap.

I have 46 posts and 7 REPs for a 15% REPs on my posts....almost 3:1.

Perhaps take your own advice and contribute better to the forum before selling all your stuff, especially if your posts are indicative of the 2 you posted here.

Then again, perhaps with that percentage you should pay to be a forum sponsor?

Forum rules dictate not spamming members classifieds, especially with negative price posts. If those above had followed rules, then perhaps I would not have not to respond with the reality of the situation.

The only thing that hit close to home is that I like reading the forum, I like learning from others. I like purchasing items from trustworthy nice people on here. I don't like watching someone act with blatant disrespect their FIRST week since being on the forum.

You're free to read all my posts. You can see where over nearly 3 years I've asked questions or responded. Respectfully I might add. It seems you joined ONLY to sell items in the forum and insinuate that anyone who doesn't choose to buy from you can't afford it. Makes you look like a dick. No one was "spamming" your price with negative comments, they were just sticker shocked at the price of mirror caps from BMW. One person simply stated that these will not fit without modification.... That's a CONTRIBUTION and courtesy to other forum members who may not be aware so they don't spend $700 on an item that doesn't fit. I sold parts to contribute, at very fair prices, and when I sold my previous generation car.

Since you like stats, all 16 threads you have started are for the sale of your items in the very short time you've been a member. It also appears all 46 of your posts are to peddle those items, mock anything non-OEM, or reply with a snide attitude towards other forum members. If you only are here to sell, then become a sponsor. Otherwise you are the one spamming the classifieds.

Last edited by TheLeusOne; 10-27-2017 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 2
M3EW221.00
      10-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #14
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Appreciate 2
M3EW221.00
      10-27-2017, 12:35 AM   #15
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're free to read all my posts. You can see where over nearly 3 years I've asked questions or responded. Respectfully I might add. It seems you joined ONLY to sell items in the forum and insinuate that anyone who doesn't choose to buy from you can't afford it. Makes you look like a dick. No one was "spamming" your price with negative comments, they were just sticker shocked at the price of mirror caps from BMW. One person simply stated that these will not fit without modification.... That's a CONTRIBUTION and courtesy to other forum members who may not be aware so they don't spend $700 on an item that doesn't fit. I sold parts to contribute, at very fair prices, and when I sold my previous generation car.

Since you like stats, all 16 threads you have started are for the sale of your items in the very short time you've been a member. It also appears all 46 of your posts are to peddle those items, mock anything non-OEM, or reply with a snide attitude towards other forum members. If you only are here to sell, then become a sponsor. Otherwise you are the one spamming the classifieds.
ROFLMAO

If you intend to stalk me, please to a better job. Plenty of likes (better percentage than you) from those I helped in threads I did not start trying to sell items.

BTW, I am not even close to Selling 16 items. Another piece of misinformation from a stalker.

And I guess starting a thread asking a coding question or asking about seat wiring is trying to sell something in your mind?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 12:40 AM   #16
TheLeusOne
RepeatBMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ROFLMAO

If you intend to stalk me, please to a better job. Plenty of likes (better percentage than you) from those I helped in threads I did not start trying to sell items.

BTW, I am not even close to Selling 16 items. Another piece of misinformation from a stalker.

And I guess starting a thread asking a coding question or asking about seat wiring is trying to sell something in your mind?

Look at your threads started. Good luck with the sale of your mirrors, I'm sure you can use the rent money.

I'm done with this... Congrats... You're the stereotype.
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #17
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Look at your threads started. Good luck with the sale of your mirrors, I'm sure you can use the rent money.

I'm done with this... Congrats... You're the stereotype.
Perhaps you should really read them as well, instead of just counting, so as not to lie and spam thread.

Last edited by kabrichx; 10-27-2017 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #18
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You need to reread. The only people who cannot afford are those complainng about the price. These are sold all the time in M3/M4 classifieds.

Quote:
Seems as my comment must have hit close to home for you.

Let’s recap.

I have 46 posts and 4 REPs for a 9% REPs on my posts....almost 50% more.

Then again, perhaps with that percentage you should pay to be a forum sponsor with your 3 sales?

By the way, not everyone of my posts are trying to sell something. Another mistake on your behalf.
Jesus dude that's not the point.....it's principal here. Lol. I make more money than probably 90% of the forum members on here, doesn't mean I can't afford those overpriced caps! My 335 and X1 are daily beaters! Being too broke to pay for mirror caps and being intelligent enough to know not to pay for that fuckery are 2 different things here boss.

Good luck with your sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #19
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Lololol you win bro!! Well said
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #20
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

How is this posted in the F3X forums?? These don't fit our cars and you don't notify people, someone in the comments had to say something... highly doubt anyone would spend money to replace their side mirrors just so they can replace the cover for this.. you would have a better chance on f8x forums. It's crazy how side mirrors are $700 from BMW and it doesn't make that much of a difference in how the car looks. Good luck with the sale!

2020 Portimao Blue M340 X Drive and adaptive suspension.
Mods: custom exhaust, VRSF Catted DP, Injen intake and Chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #21
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

I can afford these but I will not pay for them. Am I an anomaly? Also there are plenty of high quality cf mirror caps for M3/4 STYLE caps, just dont buy any random ones off ebay lol.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2017, 03:35 AM   #22
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F30 View Post
How is this posted in the F3X forums?? These don't fit our cars and you don't notify people, someone in the comments had to say something... highly doubt anyone would spend money to replace their side mirrors just so they can replace the cover for this.. you would have a better chance on f8x forums. It's crazy how side mirrors are $700 from BMW and it doesn't make that much of a difference in how the car looks. Good luck with the sale!
How is it posted on F3X forum?

How are other M3/M4 parts posted in the F3x classifieds, including M3/M4 mirrors that F3x owners want? You can also find threads of people wanting M3/M4 mirrors...as well as sold M3/M4 mirrors in the F3x classifieds.

The shape is different than a F3x Mirror which should be a major clue.

I listed the part numbers

And the first people that messaged me when post I responded and the first line was that this fit only those that had done the F8x mirror upgrades.

So not as if I ever tried to hide it. Otherwise they would have been sold already to the first unsuspecting buyer prior to the BS postings in the thread.

BTW, side mirrors from BMW are NOT $700. They are over $3500 for the mirrors already on your F3x/F4x.

This is for Carbon Fiber Caps only.

Primed stock mirror caps on your F3x are $70 each side ($140) and you still need to get them painted.

Last edited by kabrichx; 10-28-2017 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0