E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ODB readiness (catless) inspection help

11-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
ALCO35
Rep
Drives: 335xi Coupe

ODB readiness (catless) inspection help

For years i have passed the NYS Inspection no problem with Cobb stage 2+ (Catless). We're allowed one parameter to be 'not ready' in NY. This year i failed bc of 2 parameters, one being the o2 sensors and the other being cat. From what i understand the o2 being not ready would throw the cat into not ready as well. Anyone know how i was able to pass previously but not anymore? Thinking i might need to get a dp fix but not sure what has changed since my mods and tune are the same.

TLDR; Can i get o2 sensor 'ready' with no primary cats in place?

Last edited by ALCO35; 11-12-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCO35 View Post
For years i have passed the NYS Inspection no problem with Cobb stage 2+ (Catless). We're allowed one parameter to be 'not ready' in NY. This year i failed bc of 2 parameters, one being the o2 sensors and the other being cat. From what i understand the o2 being not ready would throw the cat into not ready as well. Anyone know how i was able to pass previously but not anymore? Thinking i might need to get a dp fix but not sure what has changed since my mods and tune are the same.

TLDR; Can i get o2 sensor 'ready' with no primary cats in place?
Unless you have the O2 emulator (resistor device) you will not be able to get catless DP to pass.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Unless you have the O2 emulator (resistor device) you will not be able to get catless DP to pass.
Not true, he already mentioned that in his state he is allowed one "not ready."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCO35 View Post
Anyone know how i was able to pass previously but not anymore?
Reread what you wrote...answered your own question.

Your one "not ready" in the past was due to cat inefficiency...that's what happens when you replace primary cats with catless downpipes.

Your second not ready is likely due to an underlying issue, likely having to do with the O2 sensors.

Any codes being thrown?

Logs?

After completing the above homework, you'll likely find that your primary O2s need a refresh.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
Rob09msport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335 msport

You have wideband o2 before cats then o2 after which is the cat code they are narrowband and just check the cat's efficiency
Appreciate 0