BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

first impressions compared to old X3 and X6

was getting my M3 serviced at Knauz BMW this morning and they had a M40i on the floor.

from a distance I couldn't tell it was "new" it didn't stick out from all the other BMWs as different (which isn't surprising), as I approached I knew it was the new one based on the front grills.

I really like how the exterior looks, I mean REALLY like it, I always liked BMW SUV designs (hate the bubbly look of others), the grills are a bit large but okay. From the back is where it really stands out, on paper it looks like the same cargo space as the old X3 but it looks more sleek. Interior is hands down superior to old version, love the large middle screen, dash and console look so much nicer. Leather feels softer than Dakota too. Personally I like the stitched plastic dash (have it in my wife's X6), much better than old plastic look and I will never pay for a full leather dash now (only reason I got it in the past was the horrible look of regular plastic), in the X6 it feels softer though, almost padded.

It really felt like a smaller version of the X6 inside (which is the whole reason we went from our old X3 to X6, interior was so much nicer on X6). I have a feeling when our lease on the X6 is up next fall we will be getting another X3. Only downside is cost, stickered at $67K and that's probably how we would get it equipped, that is only $6,000 less than our X6 cost 2 years ago (with M Sport package).

I am thinking hard of waiting for the X3M and trading in my M3 for it, because of how good the M40i looks I can't wait to see the full M version, going to look bad ass! If I do that then I will get my wife a mini countryman and save $20K
Appreciate 1
barcelona268.50