Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > breyton tire rack lip rash

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
headsock
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: black

breyton tire rack lip rash

just got my gts rims

question though, is it normal for the backside lip to be all scratched up? the face was perfect, albeit with some mounting residue, but the backside is all scratched up. and the lugnuts that were included in the package, came loose and scratched up the inner barrel. no biggie, just want to know if this is normal?

and i noticed that the rear tires are more stretched than the fronts..

so with a 235/8.5 and 265/9.5, the fronts will be taller and fill out the rim more.

Last edited by headsock; 05-23-2008 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
fanatic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsock View Post
just got my gts rims

question though, is it normal for the backside lip to be all scratched up? the face was perfect, albeit with some mounting residue, but the backside is all scratched up. and the lugnuts that were included in the package, came loose and scratched up the inner barrel. no biggie, just want to know if this is normal?

so with a 235/8.5 and 265/9.5, the fronts will be taller and fill out the rim more.
I've never had that problem from TireRack but it is common for less experienced installers. The main thing is that the fronts are pristine (or so a crappy shop told me once).

You should tell TR about the bolts and subsequent damage though. That is unacceptable. They normally package all the bolts into a box and puts it into one of the wheel when they package up.
      05-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:

What tires are you using?
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #4
headsock
Enlisted Member
Rep

fanatic:
the bolts were in an envelop wrapped with tape, i think it was inside the box thats on the cardboard that protects the rims, but the box was open.

what exactly would happen if tirerack knew about this? might be pointless to tell them. should i get a replacement? or some sort of credit?

dissappointed to see the backside scratched up. i thought everything would be perfect.

scollin:
general exclaim
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:55 AM   #5
fanatic
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
fanatic:
the bolts were in an envelop wrapped with tape, i think it was inside the box thats on the cardboard that protects the rims, but the box was open.

what exactly would happen if tirerack knew about this? might be pointless to tell them. should i get a replacement? or some sort of credit?

dissappointed to see the backside scratched up. i thought everything would be perfect.

scollin:
general exclaim
You could always ask for a credit or something. As a consumer you can't just let this go. You should also discuss (send pictures) regarding the rear scuffs as well. At minimum they will investigate and you may save another forum member from these issues.

I know what you mean. You spend all this money and then the items you've been waiting for show up less than perfect. It's a real disappointment. But on the brighter side once you have the wheels mounted you'll soon forget about the stuff you can see and focus on the stuff that you can.
      05-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Please feel free to contact my customer service dept at 1-800-428-8355, ext 360 anytime from 8AM to 8PM eastern time. I'm sure they should be able to do something to help. If they aren't able to assist, shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
headsock
Enlisted Member
Rep

ok thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

When Mine showed up I had some minor scratches and dings on the backside. But, given that they mount the tires from the rear now to keep your lips clean and fresh it doesn't bother me a bit...