Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How much flexibility with aspect ratio on 19" wheels?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
CkDedmon
Private
Rep
Drives: Future 335i

How much flexibility with aspect ratio on 19" wheels?

I am planning on getting the BMW 19" Performance wheels for my E90. My local dealership had an E90 on the floor with these wheels installed, so I went by to check it out.

Comparing it to an adjacent M3 with 19" wheels, I noticed that the sidewalls on the M3 where much taller than the E90 with the Performance wheels.

I was just wondering how much flexibility I would have on the aspect ratio for tires to fit the BMW Performance wheels. I would rather go with a slightly taller sidewall, not only to fill out the wheel well, but also to keep the tires from looking too "dinky".

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkDedmon View Post
I am planning on getting the BMW 19" Performance wheels for my E90. My local dealership had an E90 on the floor with these wheels installed, so I went by to check it out.

Comparing it to an adjacent M3 with 19" wheels, I noticed that the sidewalls on the M3 where much taller than the E90 with the Performance wheels.

I was just wondering how much flexibility I would have on the aspect ratio for tires to fit the BMW Performance wheels. I would rather go with a slightly taller sidewall, not only to fill out the wheel well, but also to keep the tires from looking too "dinky".

Any thoughts?
BMW recommends 225/35-19 front, 255/30-19 rear.

To get a slightly taller sidewall, you can fit 235/35-19 front, 265/30-19 rear, without any problems. Your choice of tires will also make a difference. For example, Kumho Ecsta SPT tires will look "fatter/taller" while Falken FK452s will look "thinner/shorter", given equal tire sizes.