BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Rattle/Knocking Sounds

12-21-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
formofjon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 M Sport

Rattle/Knocking Sounds

I have a 2016 X1 M-Sport, and while I love it...I'm noticing its first rattling sound.

When I go over a bumpy road, the rattling/knocking sounds like it's coming from inside the center console, perhaps from the radio unit knocking up against the ventilation control unit? This is a total guess, I have no idea.

Is anyone else experiencing this same noise from the same location?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #2
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by formofjon View Post
I have a 2016 X1 M-Sport, and while I love it...I'm noticing its first rattling sound.

When I go over a bumpy road, the rattling/knocking sounds like it's coming from inside the center console, perhaps from the radio unit knocking up against the ventilation control unit? This is a total guess, I have no idea.

Is anyone else experiencing this same noise from the same location?
Yup. 2018 with MSport package. Makes me nuts. Goes away every time I bring it to BMW.
      12-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

I've been fighting with BMW over my rattling sunroof bar. Everytime the car goes in for service I ask them to fix it, every time they "fix it" with another fix and it has yet to be fixed

No major dash issues, it does pop a little after sitting in the hot sun for a few hours when the AC turns on as the plastic constricts.
Appreciate 0