BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Just got a 2017 X1 - any suggestions for updates?

02-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Just got a 2017 X1 - any suggestions for updates?

Hey everyone. I'm excited to have landed a used X1. This is my first BMW and I'm curious what is possible in terms of relatively easy updates or hacks (aesthetic, features, performance, etc.)? My car has the technology package and cold weather package, but that's about it.

Not looking to spend thousands of dollars, but would spend a few hundred here or there.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #2
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Which model is it?

If a M Sport then black kidney grilles and black exhaust tips will banish the last few bits of chrome from the exterior of the vehicle. Makes it look a little more aggressive imo...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Which model is it?

If a M Sport then black kidney grilles and black exhaust tips will banish the last few bits of chrome from the exterior of the vehicle. Makes it look a little more aggressive imo...
Not M Sport, just the xDrive. Navy exterior, mocha brown interior. A couple things I wouldn’t mind doing are sprucing up the exhaust tips and swapping out the piano Black interior trim. As for the trim, I wanna stay OEM - is there a go-to parts dealer that people call on this forum for the best deal? Or perhaps a place where people trade?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #4
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
Not M Sport, just the xDrive. Navy exterior, mocha brown interior. A couple things I wouldn’t mind doing are sprucing up the exhaust tips and swapping out the piano Black interior trim. As for the trim, I wanna stay OEM - is there a go-to parts dealer that people call on this forum for the best deal? Or perhaps a place where people trade?
Might be worth getting the trim wrapped in a good quality vinyl, there’s some great finishes out there and it would be considerably cheaper
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:30 AM   #5
SirMoxie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 Dark Green

I would be interested in updating the piano black trim as well. It’s nice looking when it’s clean but it scratches so easily. I accidentally scratched it just with a vacuum cleaner attachment. I can see how at some point it’s inevitably going to be scratched up enough that I’ll need to do something with it. Anyone been there and done that yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Might be worth getting the trim wrapped in a good quality vinyl, there’s some great finishes out there and it would be considerably cheaper
Yeah I'm sure its a lot cheaper, but I prefer the OEM look.

Any other suggestions for mods?
Appreciate 0