BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Fog light replacement

02-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228ix, 2018 x1

Fog light replacement

I was washing the car today and realized I cracked one of the fog lights. Looking to just swap it out myself as it looks easy enough on YouTube. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I could get the replacement part? Dealer is ideally the last resort as I’m sure it’ll be the most costly. I haven’t had to replace any light housings on this car and on prior cars so not too familiar with any of the third party sites so if anyone can share. Or if anyone swapped out their fogs and are looking to sell the originals let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeezy View Post
I was washing the car today and realized I cracked one of the fog lights. Looking to just swap it out myself as it looks easy enough on YouTube. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I could get the replacement part? Dealer is ideally the last resort as I’m sure it’ll be the most costly. I haven’t had to replace any light housings on this car and on prior cars so not too familiar with any of the third party sites so if anyone can share. Or if anyone swapped out their fogs and are looking to sell the originals let me know.
German Auto Parts carries these assemblies..

http://www.germanautoparts.com/BMW/2017/9566/7/10039/0

At $85/each, not sure how that stacks up against dealer OEM...look at Get BMW Parts website...or ECS both offer discounts off MSRP in comparison with many BMW dealers who MARK UP the already lucrative (good profits in dealer parts at list prices so they can sell to indy shops and still make money) factory MRSP pricing!

Looking @ Ebay...you can get aftermarket (not HELLA OEM) units for $70...but then the lens might not put out same light spectrum and you'd have a "cockeyed" fog light pattern....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228ix, 2018 x1

Thanks. I was browsing around and saw a few people suggest Sun Motor out of Mechanicsburg, PA.

They were lower than anywhere else I've seen and they offer free shipping.
Appreciate 0