BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > LCI headlight question! Please help

03-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
ali87
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

LCI headlight question! Please help

Hi Guys,

Hope you're keeping warm! I just drove through a blizzard to pick up my 18 plate M2. However, upon receiving it I realised that it didn't have the new hexagonal headlights. At the time of purchasing the car The sales rep asked me if I wanted adapted headlights and I asked him whether there was a difference in the look of the lights in comparison to the standard he clearly stated NO.
He just said that they moved along with the direction you turn etc. He really didn't have much in depth knowledge about the M2 tbh.

If I had known that without the adaptive option I would end up with the non-hexagonal lights then I would've just ticked that box.

So my question is, should I explain this dilemma to customer services at BMW and what should I expect as a response? Would they offer to fit them for me? How much would they charge or would they sort it out as a goodwill gesture?

Many thanks

Ali
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Sorry you had a problem. Obviously, your sales rep was wrong, and he's the only (one or the dealer) who can offer some type of remedy. You're not the customer of BMW - the dealer is - so BMW will do nothing for you. BMW didn't make the mistake – the sales rep (dealer) did. Unfortunately, you're in the "buyer beware" position, and you believed what the rep told you, so much (or most) of the responsibility falls in your lap – especially since you accepted delivery of the M2 without bring the headlight question to the dealer's attention.

Talk to the sales manager, let him know the sales rep gave you bad information, and ask him what he's going to do about the situation. He certainly isn't going to exchange your headlights for a pair of adaptive LEDs (it costs around $5K for the swap), but maybe you'll be able to get some free accessories or service. And if it's any consolation, the adaptive LEDs were included as a surprise, no-cost option on my early LCI (and many others), but having seen how they work, I wouldn't have paid extra for them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

ali87

Spa2k answer to your post might clearly be incorrect, depending on where you purchased your BMW.

If you purchased locally at BMW Park Lane, they are owned by BMW, despite what was posted above.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
ali87
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
ali87

Spa2k answer to your post might clearly be incorrect, depending on where you purchased your BMW.

If you purchased locally at BMW Park Lane, they are owned by BMW, despite what was posted above.
Thanks for rep

I picked it up at Sytner Chigwell. After sending off an email to the sales rep he called back and proceeded to misinform me that the hex lights were introduced after I ordered the car loooool I have asked him to refer my query to management as the dude is just straight up blagging it.
Appreciate 0