BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2017 X1 and My Google Pixel

03-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Phaddie
Rep
Drives: 2017 x1

2017 X1 and My Google Pixel

Hey guys,

Just picked up our car today and so far we LOVE it. I am in Canada so I know the cennectDrice system is limited. I do have the bmw connect classic app on my phone (Google Pixel) however when I plug it in with the USB cable it is not recognised so I am unable to use the app.

Is my phone just not compatible or are there settings I can change?

Thank you in advance

Phad
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Phaddie
Rep

** Update ***

I changed the USB settings for my pixel and now it connects as intended. It seems that they only apps available in Canada are

- AudioPlayer
- Calandar
- news
- Wiki
- Twitter
- Eco Pro Analyser

Is this correct? I was hoping to get spotify integration, but it seems to work OK over bluetooth.

Any info would be great.

Phad
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Hey Phaddie,
I have the exact same issue with my One Plus phone. I think the BMW-Spotify app only works with iPhones. I was recently on a roadtrip and when my buddy connected his iPhone, the spotify icon appeared in my iDrive. Really wish BMW would enhance the android integration in iDrive but I guess we can't have everything

If you don't mind me asking, which settings did you change to have your phone connect via USB? I always seem to get an error.

Thanks in advance!
      03-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
Phaddie
Rep

I will have to check which setting I used I am not sure. Once I plugged it in I went into settings for USB and I think just selected one at random. I will check tonight when I am in the car.

Sorry I could not be more help.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #5
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Hey do your text messages show up in IDrive? In my F80 my text messages pop up on IDrive (I have an HP Elite X3) but in my wife's 2017 X1 with her Google Pixel her text messages are not showing up. There's not even a selection for messages. If you do the voice command for "text messages" the car says " I'm sorry I can't send texts yet"...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #6
Phaddie
Rep

When I get a text I see a little envelope icon show up in the top right of the bmw screen. I then say "show messages" and I see a list of the texts on the bmw screen.

Phad
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 12:39 AM   #7
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Do you have to have the phone plugged in via USB or does it do this via Bluetooth? I connected my HP phone and it doesn't seem to show text messages like it does in my F80? What's up with that?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 04:36 AM   #8
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Hey do your text messages show up in IDrive? In my F80 my text messages pop up on IDrive (I have an HP Elite X3) but in my wife's 2017 X1 with her Google Pixel her text messages are not showing up. There's not even a selection for messages. If you do the voice command for "text messages" the car says " I'm sorry I can't send texts yet"...
I had a similar problem, albeit with an iPhone, and the solution was checking a box in the Bluetooth settings on the phone. Obviously this may be slightly different on an Android phone, but the important setting in the Bluetooth profile on the phone for the pairing with the car was to enable the "Show Notifications" option. Without this enabled on the phone wouldn't alert the car that there was a new message.

Hope this might help...

EDIT: The text messages are available in the iDrive -> ConnectedDrive -> Messages but you will have to change the filter to show them (it defaults to Service Messages iirc)
Appreciate 0