BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 diagnostic tool

03-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
orion_squall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

F48 diagnostic tool

Hi,

There are many discussions about coding of extra features with E-sys and iCarly. Has anyone tried diagnostic tools such as INPA/EBIDAS/tool32 on F48?

I used these tools on my E9x to help myself on battery replacement, misfire location (coil/plug DIYs), level sensor diag etc. And saved myself thousands.

I have not found many reliable source of DIY diag tool yet. Maybe the car is still under warrantee so no one has tried it yet.

Let's start putting some findings in here.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_squall View Post
Hi,

There are many discussions about coding of extra features with E-sys and iCarly. Has anyone tried diagnostic tools such as INPA/EBIDAS/tool32 on F48?

I used these tools on my E9x to help myself on battery replacement, misfire location (coil/plug DIYs), level sensor diag etc. And saved myself thousands.

I have not found many reliable source of DIY diag tool yet. Maybe the car is still under warrantee so no one has tried it yet.

Let's start putting some findings in here.
I can tell you what is NOT going to be available...Bavarian Tech. I have one of these tools for my E90 and called them about the X1.."no plans to have compatibility with the X1 at this time". I'd say they are on the way out since the "free" downloads plus nominal cost for EBDII to network cables has made their product non competitive.
Appreciate 0