BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Can you enable keyless entry and folding mirrors?

03-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Lawton1984
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Can you enable keyless entry and folding mirrors?

I have the xline 2.0i xdrive

I want to know if you can enable the above features? Or do I need use an app? If so which one?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 05:45 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Keyless entry is hardware and software. Folding mirrors requires Keyless entry if you want to fold them via the door handles. If there is no button for folding mirrors in your drivers door then there are no motors in you mirrors.

This is no magical PC enabling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawton1984 View Post
I have the xline 2.0i xdrive

I want to know if you can enable the above features? Or do I need use an app? If so which one?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol

I have a late Dec 2017 X line 2 litre petrol. I can fold the mirrors remotely by simply holding the lock button down on the fob. I don’t have or want keyless entry. It is a security risk. Villains can ‘tune in’ and with a signal booster open the car while you are happily asleep in bed.
Incidentally if I press the lock button twice on the fob, it deactivated the motion sensor in the alarm system.
At the moment I am trying to work out how to change the clock to BST. This was automatic on my Mercedes-Benz
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
Sabovoj
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 M Sport

Yes you can. All you have to so is code this feature. Download BimmerCode app for Android or iOs and buy on Amazon VGate ICar II OBD wireless adapter and follow instructions. Quite easy and many more other features and modes can be enabled. I did it for my 2017 X1 xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #5
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
I have a late Dec 2017 X line 2 litre petrol. I can fold the mirrors remotely by simply holding the lock button down on the fob. I don't have or want keyless entry. It is a security risk. Villains can 'tune in' and with a signal booster open the car while you are happily asleep in bed.
Incidentally if I press the lock button twice on the fob, it deactivated the motion sensor in the alarm system.
At the moment I am trying to work out how to change the clock to BST. This was automatic on my Mercedes-Benz
The automatic clock change is in the idrive under settings iirc
Appreciate 0