BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Paddle shifters - Only in M-Sport model?

04-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
suomela
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 6-speed

Paddle shifters - Only in M-Sport model?

I could use a little help to help take a final decision on which package to get in the X2:
I'm quite fond of the paddle shifting. However, I don't like the styling of the M-Sport trim (not sure who decided that flat grey was sportier than black! It looks like a plastic model kit)
If i add the Dynamic Handling Package, will this provide the paddle shifters as well? Or am I really only going to get it in the M?

(And yes, I did see the retrofit thread - however, I'll be waiting until after the warranty expires to think about making modifications :-)

Very much appreciate any insights.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Quixalcoatl
Rep
Drives: Owner-to-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by suomela View Post
I could use a little help to help take a final decision on which package to get in the X2:
I'm quite fond of the paddle shifting. However, I don't like the styling of the M-Sport trim (not sure who decided that flat grey was sportier than black! It looks like a plastic model kit)
If i add the Dynamic Handling Package, will this provide the paddle shifters as well? Or am I really only going to get it in the M?

(And yes, I did see the retrofit thread - however, I'll be waiting until after the warranty expires to think about making modifications :-)

Very much appreciate any insights.
Based on my research the DHP only provides the suspension dampening. Paddle shifters are exclusive to the M-sport package. I opted for the M-sport package as it came with other enchantments beyond the aesthetic elements such as the paddle shifter and sport tuned transmission. Additionally, the M-Sport package essentially adds the convenience package in the cost: keyless entry, sunroof, lumbar, etc. I personally opted out of the xDrive as it's 100% FWD drive biased anyway, and I live in a flat, mostly dry, sunny climate. Plus, I highly doubt I'll ever take this to the track. I used the savings by opting for the sDrive to upgrade the upholstery. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the trim/grill of the M-sport package, but I think it adds enough other features to justify the price.
Appreciate 0