BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Backup camera intermittently stops working

04-10-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
Agouti
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

Backup camera intermittently stops working

I have a new 2018 X1 and my biggest complaint is that my backup camera shows a black screen about 30% of the time. The only way to fix it is to turn off and turn on the car again (putting it into D and back to R won't work).

Has anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agouti View Post
I have a new 2018 X1 and my biggest complaint is that my backup camera shows a black screen about 30% of the time. The only way to fix it is to turn off and turn on the car again (putting it into D and back to R won't work).

That happened twice to me the first week of owning my 2018 X1. It has not happened since. Service suggested to take photos or record a video with the screen black and the gear shift level in reverse when this happens again.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
Shipa
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agouti View Post

I've faced the same problem on my X1 also - camera was not working while start-up at night time (day time everything was o.k). In my case, only software update (end of December 2017 release) solved the prolem. But at any case, if your car is made in 2018 it should be already with the latest software, so I suggest to record a video and show it to you local BMW service center.

P.S. No need to restart your car - you could simply switch off and switch on the camera in iDrive menu
Appreciate 0