THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Rotating tires

04-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
smchuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Rotating tires

Who out there is rotating their tires? BMW service does not recommend rotating and I’m inclined to follow their suggestion. If I saw uneven wear I’d want to find cause of uneven wear rather than just rotate tires. If no uneven wear then don’t see a reason to rotate. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I rotate mine at every oil change. Unless you are measuring tread depth how are you certain it's not uneven wear? I don't run the stock run flats either. You can't rotate staggered wheels and tires. If you have a square set then yes you can rotate them. Just make sure your tires aren't directional. That would play into the ability to rotate them as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
delvec03
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Sport/ DSB

if you have a square set up rotating is a must! I've found that the 228 alignments is fairly square, in that the tires wear evenly inner to outter tread. rotating the tires ensures even wear front to back, which helps with control issues that's can develop from worn back tires.
Appreciate 0