European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

04-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
Simmadown115
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Her:14 ESII 335iM /Me:15 SS M3

Lightbulb Local F80 Guys with Bootmod3 (BM3) tune only

Hi Guys,

I have been hearing a lot about the S55 BM3 tunes now being available without removing the DME. I've seen a lot of dynos proving that there's some power, but not as advertised and some people have been the opposite. I'm really looking to see what the stock vs BM3 options are like side by side in my car vs yours. The car makes so much torque already I don't think adding more will help the DTC from trying to slow it down.

***** I AM NOT LOOKING TO RACE******

I just want to see what the pull is like in different gears in normal driving and hear the difference in sound from outside the car. In in the Northern MA/Southern NH border and I don't mind a little cruise on a nice day.

Anyone tuned that is nearby to show the difference? (I plan to keep my stock cats so I am just looking for people with the tune and still have the stock downpipes)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
O_aloysius
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

i will be out there in two weeks with my car. Stage 2 with catless DP's though...not what you are looking for but if you cant find anything else, more than happy to line them up.

As for the torque...first and second gear are useless but you can tune to limit boost to make them usable. Third gear...see ya! the improvements in 60-120 are night and day after tune...i would highly reccomend it.

If you arent looking for a lot of extra power but want some of the additional features, mild power increase, you can always go with the GTS or CS tune...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
Simmadown115
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Her:14 ESII 335iM /Me:15 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_aloysius View Post
i will be out there in two weeks with my car. Stage 2 with catless DP's though...not what you are looking for but if you cant find anything else, more than happy to line them up.

As for the torque...first and second gear are useless but you can tune to limit boost to make them usable. Third gear...see ya! the improvements in 60-120 are night and day after tune...i would highly reccomend it.

If you arent looking for a lot of extra power but want some of the additional features, mild power increase, you can always go with the GTS or CS tune...
For limiting boost in first and second is that a custom tune or is there one already available that does that?

I'd love to see what the cattless DPs will do on stage 2 compared to the GTS or CS tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
O_aloysius
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

boost limiting is a custom tune and not available on an OTS map i believe. I will definitely be doing that when i get tuned for E85.

There is a pretty big power jump over the CS/GTS tune in Stage 2 but i havent compared side by side with anyone before...
Appreciate 0