BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Wait 6 more months or purchase now?

04-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
Abran_tasrif
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Wait 6 more months or purchase now?

I was looking to finance a M5 or a E63 AMG, I will only keep it for one and a half year or two years and than sell it. Prices are a bit high rn, I always buy used certified cars since brand new cars have alot of depreciation and I become upside down the in the loan after 18-24 months when trying to sell it hence I have to add cash to sell the vehicle.

I was thinking if I wait 6 more months will there be used M5's in the market, I live in New York City Area around Queens. I was looking around 90-100k Price range, Right now its 115k In dealerships, the monthly payment comes alot after 7% taxes and 3% Interest APR.its like $1700 a month.

I have never leased a car, I always modify my cars (Tune, downpipes, Appereance), so I didnt pay attention to leasing much, As a matter of fact I know little to nothing about leasing.

Will the M5's come in used market within 6 months from now?

If not I might rather get a 2018 M4 compeition package because $1700 a month is alot kind of even with $10,000 down payment

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Waiting 6 month the market isn't going to change as the flood won't being until the 1st real batches of leases are up in 24-36 months, as far as used car options.

Will the leases be better in 6 months? Most likely as it won't be as hot but still its a 100k plus car, and the CP will be out.

If you want something now, get the M4 and save the coin. Then when the M5 market levels and the budget is right... upgrade
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Ha! I was born in Queens and lived in Woodhaven off Atlantic back from '70 - '73. My wife is from Rosedale, when Rosedale was a solid hood back in the day. We are in Westchester burbs now...

Agreed with Doc, my dealership has only sold 2 so far and I'm #3 on order. You will not see hardly any used on market in 6 months, only some flukey ones that didn't agree with owner. I'd chose not to get a '14 M5 and rather a new M4 or the likes.
Appreciate 0