BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Busta Rib's 2016 M-sport

05-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Busta Rib
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3

Busta Rib's 2016 M-sport

This is an intro for my new-to-me 2016 X1. I used to have an E84 M-sport 35i but it was recently totalled in a car accident. I loved that car and only had it for about 2 months. It was lowered with the JB4 tune.

Instead of replacing with a similar X1, I decided to get a newer car and go with the F48. After a lot of shopping and negotiations, I settled on a 2016 Black Sapphire M-sport. It is a CPO car with ~18,000 miles, Cold Weather, Premium, Technology packages, 19" wheels, and Dakota leather and Fineline wood trim. I would have preferred aluminum trim but it'll do. I'm pretty pumped with the spec on this one. Plus the 2nd-gen X1 looks a lot better, IMO.

I've only had it for a week and installed OEM black grilles and the roof rack from my other X1. I plan on installing lowering springs or maybe going with coilovers. Anyone know how does lowering the car affect the suspension electronics? Curious how it might impact the Sport mode, if at all. I will probably add the Dinan tune down the road as well as a sport muffler. For aesthetics, I am going to install the 3D Design front lip and roof spoilers. Anyone have experience with these products?

Overall driving impressions: it is pretty quick although not as fast as my E84. It's my daily so I am fine with that. The exhaust sounds anemic, even at WOT, but hopefully that can be addressed with a new muffler. I always drive in Sport mode and it seems to be fine for my taste. Haven't played with the other settings as much. I appreciate any tips and advice re: my planned mods. Happy driving.
Attached Images

05-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Leaving
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 M Sport

Hi there,

Where did you get those mods from? Any links or pictures?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
Busta Rib
Private
United_States
Rep

As far as I know IND (https://ind-distribution.com/) is the only NA distributor for 3DD.

* I just realized you are in Spain. Try the main site for 3DD and find a dealer in your area: http://www.3ddesign.jp/english/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving View Post
Hi there,

Where did you get those mods from? Any links or pictures?
      05-22-2018, 03:02 AM   #4
Leaving
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 M Sport

wow, great page.

anyway i showed the 3d bumper to my wife and she said it looks like a cheap tunning car.... i know my mistake for telling her

i searched yesterday and i saw those mods from something like $450 quite a bunch of money, must be somehing really fancy in order to pay for it (IMHO).

PS, how did you figure out i'm from spain? 'ES' from location?

Last edited by Leaving; 05-22-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
Busta Rib
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes, never show the wife what you have planned. ES = Espana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving View Post
wow, great page.

anyway i showed the 3d bumber to my wife and she said it looks like a cheap tunning car.... i know my mistake for telling her

i searched yesterday and i saw those mods from something like $450 quite a bunch of money, must be somehing really fancy in order to pay for it (IMHO).

PS, how did you figure out i'm from spain? 'ES' from location?
      06-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #6
Busta Rib
Private
United_States
Rep

I decided to install H&R lowering springs. They lowered the car a modest 1" all around, which is subtle but still noticeable. I can definitely feel the difference in driving feel. It feels more solid, flat, and planted on the road, regardless of dynamic setting. The only difference when I change settings now is mostly in throttle response. I don't have EDC.

Overall, I think it looks better than stock and feels sportier. Next mod is to remove the muffler flap.
Attached Images

08-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
k2e15
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Any update on the muffler flaps?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #8
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta Rib View Post
I decided to install H&R lowering springs. They lowered the car a modest 1" all around, which is subtle but still noticeable. I can definitely feel the difference in driving feel. It feels more solid, flat, and planted on the road, regardless of dynamic setting. The only difference when I change settings now is mostly in throttle response. I don't have EDC.

Overall, I think it looks better than stock and feels sportier. Next mod is to remove the muffler flap.
Since you bought Msport…..you should have 704 Sport suspension spec'ed.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2015/06/03/2...sport-package/

EDC is not available on the F48.

Do a vin check through bvzine.com.

Any issues with tire rubbing?