BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

06-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

CA + FOB + Seat Position Memory

I am under the impression that the seat is supposed to go back to whatever Memory setting you set last with your FOB in the ignition and the car on. I set the vehicle/tires prefs to return to seat position on door open, but the seat doesn't move. Am I missing something?
      06-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Spark. Graph. 6MT Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcoska View Post
I am under the impression that the seat is supposed to go back to whatever Memory setting you set last with your FOB in the ignition and the car on. I set the vehicle/tires prefs to return to seat position on door open, but the seat doesn't move. Am I missing something?
I think you have it right. I will play with mine and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadOn View Post
I think you have it right. I will play with mine and let you know.
So, now I am confused to. Didn't seem to work for me either. Re-reading the manual now.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
Btw - awesome looking car. I got Spark Graphite as well. Loving it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
Ok, try this. Insert key fob into the ignition, but don't start the car, just let the electronics come on. Now with the key in the ignition and your seat and mirrors set the way you like - redo the memory seating on your set (hit the M button on the seat, then 1). Now move the seat to another position, close and lock the car. Wait a sec, and then reopen the door. Mine moved back this time. Also, double check you have set the idrive settings the way you noted above (mine I set to door unlock, but should work either way).

Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
Gemcoska
Rep

Thanks, will try during lunch.

Oh and Sparkling Graphite is great. Except don't let the dealer wash your car!! I did my first detail, then 3 days later took it in for my 1200 mi service, the car came back with all my polish enhancer off and with water spots!
      06-20-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
Gemcoska
Rep

Okay... it kinda works and kinda doesn't. So it will go back to whatever memory button you hit last. So if you move the seat manually it will go back.

The original point of all this was for me to move the chair back and forth when i got in and out of the car. With the seat back, it makes it easier to get in and out w/o opening the door super wide or rubbing the side seat support. Just trying to avoid the premature leather wear.

So here is what i get so far. Hit the memory button with the door open, the chair goes to that position, even if you close the door. Close the door first and you have to hold the memory button down. When recalling seat position automatically with the fob, the seat stops moving when you close the door. So I think I will stick with: Get in, leave the door open, hit the button, close the door. Then, to get out, turn the car off, crack the door, and hit the button to move the car back.
      06-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
I have to think we must be missing something here. I must admit I don't know exactly what we might be doing wrong.

Here is what I would have expected:
1. Set seat position, store it in memory, and pair it with a key fob.
2. Someone else drives, you move the seat, or whatever
3. Next time you open the door with your key (Comfort access or Keyfob button), seat should return to your stored setting.

Anyone else, have any ideas? I did re-read the manual and thought I had it figured out, but now I will go experiment more as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
M3Kevin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2008 M3

Garage List
2004 Corvette Z06  [0.00]
2004 GT3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
I too have noticed some randomness to the seat positions.

I'd like it to operate such that when it detects a Key FOB, and the door is opened/unlocked with that key fob - the drivers seat returns to it's programmed position.

Happiness isn't around the corner - it IS the corner!
Appreciate 0