BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) iPod Classic help- 2018 X1!

06-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
Webby1518
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X1

Exclamation iPod Classic help- 2018 X1!

I j got my 2018 X1 on Tuesday. I used to have a 2015 X1 xLine, and I used to use the Y cable to listen to my iPod Classic. A few months ago, I started using the Apple 30 pin cable instead of the Y cable and saw I had album artwork displayed, but anyway;
When I use the Apple 30 pin cable, I'm "locked" into whatever is playing- I cannot search, go to artists or songs, or playlists. I can't even skip to the next song or go back and relisten to a song that already played. This is annoying and I don't want to have to unplug my iPod and look down to my iPod for what I want to hear every time I want to change what I'm listening to.
I do have an iPod Touch, but it's not practical for me; there's not enough space. I only store certain CDs to my car's hard drive, and I have a lot of music and I'm not going to put all my music on my car's hard drive. Putting music on my phone will never be an option, either.

Does anyone have the charge & sync cable, and know if it works with that iPod in the new X1s? I don't want to spend $35 on the cable and not have it work. https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/4...AND-SYNC-CABLE

When I had a 2017 X1 as a rental, I had no problem with the playlist/artists/songs option with the original Apple wire. In April I had a 2018 320 rental and I didn't find an issue with that one, either.

Please help!
Appreciate 0