Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > left rear tire blowout-cracked rim

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

left rear tire blowout-cracked rim

A few days ago I was on my way home driving my 330i when I heard a loud bang!! I immediately turned and looked to see what the hell the sound was from. My car was still driving normal and didn't pull to eithor side. I pulled over to the break-down lane and saw that my left rear tire was flat. Called the roadside assistance and had my car dropped off at the BMW dealership.
They gave me a hard time since my tires weren't original RFT Bridgestone's and said my 6 year tire and rim protection plan was basically not going to cover my flat tire.(hankook's i am running) After telling them I had a few other warranty issues with my car they gave me an 08 328xi loaner. I jacked up my car and pulled my rim/tire off to take to a tire shop and see if my tire was destroyed or if i had a nail in it. As I rolled my rim into the shop I noticed why my tire went flat. There was a 2 inch crack on the inside of my stock 162 rim. Ended up getting a new 18" 162 and a new 255/35/18 Hankook tire because as they took my tire off the rim machine punched a hole in the tire. Nothing worse than the Mass roads!!

I like the premium package on the loaner 328xi but, miss my logic7, sport package, rear doors, and extra hp from my 330i.
      06-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

damn sorry to hear that man.
Appreciate 0