BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Hit and Run Incident Need Body Shop SoCal

08-29-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
LA_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black M2

Hit and Run Incident Need Body Shop SoCal

hey all,

Some drunk asshole hit my M2 and another vehicle at resident parking lot. he then ramped the gate trying to get out.

Please let me know what's the best body shop in LA. Damage is front bumper and some damage to hood and side panels.

much thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I believe only 2 certified BMW body shops exist in LA. I have gone to Nick Alexander BMW Auto Body near downtown a few times for my wife's 335. Ask for Mike who runs the shop.

Her car was a 335 M-Sport Estoril Blue and they immediately showed a strong interest to make the repairs perfect as they are auto enthusiasts. Jake who works with Mike is also great to work with and will treat your M2 very well.

If you go tell him that Jason with a LBB M2 and Estoril Blue 335 sent you.
Appreciate 1
LA_M217.50
      08-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
tazam2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

My car also got hit in a dtla parking lot. Getting it fixed at nick alexander as we speak. I’ll report back next week.
Appreciate 1
LA_M217.50
      08-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
LA_M2
Private
Rep

Thanks guys, I started out with Howard Brown and Sons as recommended by SM BMW and what terrible service I got. The guy I was working with kept telling me how terrible the insurance company is and how they're going to under be way under on the estimate which is always true. I sent him what they think the cost is and he kept complaining about it. Then I asked him what's next, how do we rectify this. I get more complains about it didn't really say he wanted to do anything.

I got tired of dealing with him so I call Nick Alexander. The girl was very nice and she said that it was expected so just bring my car in. They'll work with my insurance to adjust the cost of the repairs. I have an appointment on Tuesday. No complains about working it out with my insurance.

Thanks for the recommendation. I hope it'll work out.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 02:17 AM   #5
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

How did it turn out?
Appreciate 1
LA_M217.50
      09-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
LA_M2
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
How did it turn out?
Nick Alexander still has my car. They worked it out with Statefarm to get from an original estimated cost of $2500 to about $6000. I think there's still a little more parts that needed to be replaced. These guys are great, they had the wheels checked to make sure that there are no cracks and if they found any, they would just replace it. There were no cracks in them.

Instead of just repairing the 2 front wheels, I'm having them paint all the wheels satin black at my cost. I always wanted the wheels to be completely black. I didn't like the brush metal part.

Thanks again everyone for the req. I really like working with. Armando, Karitza and Jackie are all class.
Appreciate 1
jayg80216.50