BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Beeping when locking car from outside with engine running

10-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
mujjuman
Old Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black

Beeping when locking car from outside with engine running

Hey everyone, I hate turning the engine off and back on for short trips like running inside the gas station, pharmacy, or picking up mail. I know I can lock the door from the outside with the engine running and the keyfob in my pocket. It not only prevents me from repeatedly starting the engine when it hasnt fully warmed up yet, but I can leave the AC/heat on as well as the heated seats. Great feature.

However, instead of a cute "beep" my horn HONKS super loud to alert me that I left the engine running. I know this is a safety feature but I dont want to wake up the neighborhood or alert everyone else around me or have people think I'm honking at them. I've had people give me dirty looks on several occasions because of it

Is there a way to turn off the horn honking in settings? I tried to look for it but I couldnt find it.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 02:41 AM   #2
Lucardos
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 192HP MINERAL GREY

unfortunately its not possible to change this in the settings. But it is possible to turn this off via coding.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 02:44 AM   #3
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: X1 X-Drive 20i Med Blue

I find this when I accidentally left the engine running after parking the car in a noisy local IKEA.

I'm not sure what you are proposing is desirable anyway, so I would doubt if you can remove this feature.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #4
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathwood View Post
I find this when I accidentally left the engine running after parking the car in a noisy local IKEA.

I'm not sure what you are proposing is desirable anyway, so I would doubt if you can remove this feature.

With coding you can turn off this feature.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: X1 X-Drive 20i Med Blue

Apologies I didn't realise you could disable with coding.

Appreciate 0