THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Lease return Tires

10-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
nateate8
Rep
Drives: M235i

Lease return Tires

Hey y’all,

Comin up to end of lease for my 2015 m235i 6 spd rwd. She had a great run and it hurts to let her go..

But it’s about that time. Had some recent service and they notified me I have 3 tires that will be needing replacement before return and quoted me about $1300. I politely declined and now I’m looking into the used market. After reading threads and doing some research I’ve come to the conclusion that the tires in the same axle have to match, but not all 4. They have to be the same load rating etc.. so I’m looking into used on eBay.

Anyone ever in a similar situation? Looking for recommendation on tires, looking to spend as little as possible. Brand or tires welcome. Thank you and safe riding!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Shovelman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

Yeah, tough spot. Been there and bought a pair of really cheap tires for a car I was planning to sell. They were terrible! Then my BIL bought the car from me. I apologized and put two good tires on the front, warning him to be careful about tire rotations.

Even if it had been someone I don't know I'd have felt guilty sending them off on marginal rubber.

OTOH, $1300 for 3 tires is robbery. Continental DWS 06 cost me only $400 for two.
Appreciate 0