E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Door doesnt unlock

07-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
kyleshim
335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Door doesnt unlock

Well..my previous post was totally uncalled for. My apologies for the profanity.
Anyway the most bizarre thing happened today. I was taking my mom to the grocery and after we went shopping and all my mom pulled the door handle and I pressed unlock simultaneously. The passenger door opened fine. Then when I placed the key in the ignition the car announced that it has a remote problem and then the doors wouldnt open. I had to manually open the driver's door. All other doors wouldnt unlock...even from the inside if i pull the handle it wouldn't open. Did anyone have any occurrence like this? I went to a bmw dealer and they're checking it out tomorrow...but apparently I'm not from around where I'm staying at right now and my bms filter and JB2 is installed. The service consultant said it wouldn't be a problem with aftermarket parts as long they don't damage the car, warranty would be okay. But I'm afraid that they'll update the car to 29.2 or w/e it's called. What would they most likely do? It also has brake sensor problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

I just had this experience with my car and it was repaired under warranty yesterday. Apparently this is not uncommon. One of the lock actuators overloaded and blew out at least one of the four fuses that manages the door lock system. Once any of the fuses are blown, there is no way to get out of the vehicle as the door latches will not release the locks without power(crazy design eh?). The dealer replaced one of my actuators and reflashed. I don't think you have a choice in the matter as I don't believe that they can replace the piece without a full rescan of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleshim View Post
Well..my previous post was totally uncalled for. My apologies for the profanity.
Anyway the most bizarre thing happened today. I was taking my mom to the grocery and after we went shopping and all my mom pulled the door handle and I pressed unlock simultaneously. The passenger door opened fine. Then when I placed the key in the ignition the car announced that it has a remote problem and then the doors wouldnt open. I had to manually open the driver's door. All other doors wouldnt unlock...even from the inside if i pull the handle it wouldn't open. Did anyone have any occurrence like this? I went to a bmw dealer and they're checking it out tomorrow...but apparently I'm not from around where I'm staying at right now and my bms filter and JB2 is installed. The service consultant said it wouldn't be a problem with aftermarket parts as long they don't damage the car, warranty would be okay. But I'm afraid that they'll update the car to 29.2 or w/e it's called. What would they most likely do? It also has brake sensor problems.