BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) X2 Courtesy Vehicle

11-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
bobiam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 2015 335xi

X2 Courtesy Vehicle

Got an X2 loaner this morning. My car is a 2015 335xi.
First, I really like the ambient lighting choices that show up even in daylight. Next, I really like the shifter which actually changes position when you shift it, (like ordinary cars always did). My car always goes back to the neutral position so it's hard to know what you're shifted into without looking at the indicator lights.
It has a nice ride.

On the downside are the rear headrests that obliterate the rear window view (Volvo has a button that flops down the rear headrests....great feature), the need to have the rear wiper always on in rain to see anything back there. Couldn't figure out how to shut off that pass side curb mirror when backing. My comfy seat position made the wheel and armrests too high. And the iDrive has much fewer functions and choices than the 335xi. NAV screen is miniature. Maybe I need to drive an X3!

Last edited by bobiam; 11-13-2018 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
danielj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobiam View Post

On the downside are the rear headrests that obliterate the rear window view (Volvo has a button that flops down the rear headrests....great feature), the need to have the rear wiper always on in rain to see anything back there. Couldn't figure out how to shut off that pass side curb mirror when backing. My comfy seat position made the wheel and armrests too high. And the iDrive has much fewer functions and choices than the 335xi. NAV screen is miniature. Maybe I need to drive an X3!
You can flatten the rear headrests to enhance visibility if desired. You can do the rear wiper in intermittent or always on. You move the toggle on the rear view mirror to keep it from lowering in reverse. If you raise the armrest up all the way, it resets to a very low position which you can raise if needed. Upgrading to the premium packaging and you get a 8.8 inch screen and a host of other iDrive features.

Sounds like you got a base model and didn't tinker with the features very much.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
bobiam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 2015 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
You can flatten the rear headrests to enhance visibility if desired. You can do the rear wiper in intermittent or always on. You move the toggle on the rear view mirror to keep it from lowering in reverse. If you raise the armrest up all the way, it resets to a very low position which you can raise if needed. Upgrading to the premium packaging and you get a 8.8 inch screen and a host of other iDrive features.

Sounds like you got a base model and didn't tinker with the features very much.
OK Dan......I agree with some of your points on subjects that I didn't know about. But.......the headrests don't fold down out of the way, only fold over to half height. the arm rest adjustment didn't go down far enough, and that slope on the rear window kinda requires the use of wipers, unlike most SUVs. The car has a lot of positives, but I think I'd need one model bigger to be happy.
      11-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
BimmerTom94
BimmerTom94
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 530e

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
2015 BMW 3 Series  [0.00]
I love the X2 with the xdrive system!
I have a BMW focused YouTube channel and the X2 is featured if you want to check it out?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
BlueX2
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 2018 - xdrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobiam View Post
I ended up removing my center head rest. I have the one where it flips up and down vs the other one where it is static (doesn't flip) and goes up and down (seen in a lot of European models). Even in the down position I find that it still blocks more than I'd like.

The side mirror issue is resolved from flipping the mirror adjustment to the other side.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:17 AM   #6
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueX2 View Post

The side mirror issue is resolved from flipping the mirror adjustment to the other side.
The same as it works on the OPs 335xi and almost all BMWs..

Appreciate 0