E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Interior and exterior match for class...

View Poll Results: Exterior vs. Interior Color combinations...
Alpine White & Beige Interior 15 9.74%
Alpine White & Black Interior 29 18.83%
Black Sapphire & Beige interior 55 35.71%
Black Sapphire & Black interior 60 38.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

06-23-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
scottjones
Professional Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Exclamation Interior and exterior match for class...

Hey everyone..

I'm just about sure as to what I want... option wise and all... however... I am having a hard time deciding on what I should get...

Now, mind you... I am coming from a sporty car... 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - Dark Gy(Titanium Pearl) with a black interior... black tint. Now, that was A good look but I mean cmon.

My goal for this vehicle... well, it's simple I suppose. I am in outsides sales now and I want to have a car to impress. Now, I will be driving it hard like I do my eclipse, although I say I "wont". BUT... when I have some of the partners in the car or when I pull into a clients driveway/business... I want it saying class all the way.

For this reason...

Alpine White / Beige interior
Alpine White / Black interior
Black Sapphire / Beige interior
Black Sapphire / Black interior

This is going to be a 330i steptronic with nav. Not sure about sport pck or not yet... i'm 6'7" 290... I fit in the seats but... dunno if sport front seats gives the right impression either.

Help me choose.... and tell me why. If any of you own a white with beige interior... I would REALLY appreciate some pics of it... as many as you can spare since I can't find that vehicle anywhere in NYS to look at in person.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Personally, I think black looks luxurious and classic. However, you have to think about the work that will be required to maintain a black car. I'd suggest black with black.

Another thing is that....you will have many partners and clients in your car...that means there will be many people touching your car...and you'd be expecting to see lots of finger marks and scratch on the door and paints.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
scottjones
Professional Member
United_States
Rep

I know what your saying... my old eclipse was black.. hard to keep clean but.. when it is... and when it's waxed and glossy... oh hell... lol. I carry a detail rag with me with snappy shine anyhow, lol. No fingerprints for me when in town...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2005, 03:08 AM   #4
coupetypeM
Registered
Rep
Drives: M coupe

metallic black always looks dusty, but it's timeless with tan interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Just got my Black with Terra. I love it, the online confugurator wasn't close to the color, it's incredible.
You should give it a second look.
There are some shots on my website;
http://www.losingtime.com/bmw
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #6
Kao BMW
iLOVE90
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Scott, if you're going to have clients in your car, they probably won't like the fact that they have zero room in the back. Especially if you're 6'7 and 290. I'm 6'2, 205 and my seat is set back quite a bit. There barely room behind me. Have you considered E60's. Now that has class plus you can drive it like a maniac if you wanted to.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #7
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Scott. 3 is not really a luxurious sedan. It's more of a sports sedan. Although I like the burl walnut wood a lot. It only looks good in the beige interior. I love that interior but it gets dirty really easily. I saw a beige interior today at John Holtz and I could see the dust. I have grey interior in my 5 series and it got stained and scuffed by different clothes' (friends and family). I opted for the Sparkling graphite (got bored of black cars as my current car is black) and terra with aluminum trim to contrast it. Personally I find that the brown leather gives it a special/luxury feeling(not a lot of brown leather out there) and aluminum to give it a younger, sportier, and unique feeling. But it really depends on your taste .
      06-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #8
scottjones
Professional Member
United_States
Rep

room for clients...

I actually thought about a 545i however... i'm not going to go with a 5 until they opt to put a little morepower under the hood. I honestly think they need it as the 330i now has just as much. I don't want to step into the price range of an M5 however either...

As far as clients fitting... I usually only have 2 people with me anyhow... and if they have to squish(if it's other agents in my office and I going to lunch) then it's better fitting in the E90 than my 2002 Eclipse
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 04:55 PM   #9
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjones
I actually thought about a 545i however... i'm not going to go with a 5 until they opt to put a little morepower under the hood. I honestly think they need it as the 330i now has just as much. I don't want to step into the price range of an M5 however either...
Hmmm? Are you talking about the 545 not having enough power or a 530? The 545 has 325 HP and can easily outrun a 330. Also, the 545 is being replaced by a 550, which will surely increase its performance.

IMO, the 5 series is more luxury/classy than the 3 series, which is the main reason I'm selling mine. I want a 3 because its sportier, but if I were buying a car for work and could afford the 545, I'd opt for it instead. That V8 sounds awesome!

Good luck on your choice. All the choices youy have are good, there is no clear winner for me, although I am starting to really like that black with terra and aluminim option.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #10
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

The most obvious (to me) choices were omitted. White/terra or Black/terra. Both of these combinations look awesome together. You must see terra in person to appreciate.
      06-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #11
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
Just got my Black with Terra. I love it, the online confugurator wasn't close to the color, it's incredible.
You should give it a second look.
There are some shots on my website;
http://www.losingtime.com/bmw
Couldn't agree more Petercat. Good luck with your new car.
      06-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #12
scottjones
Professional Member
United_States
Rep

I just don't know... the Terra hasn't really done it for me yet... i'm going to wait to place my order until I see it but for right now, i've decided on sapphire black with beige interior and burl walnut trim. Classic, classy and open feeling. I WISH the lemon drop was available in the USA.

Is it available if I do european delivery? lol
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Jet black and Beige is unbeatable
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #14
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjones
I just don't know... the Terra hasn't really done it for me yet... i'm going to wait to place my order until I see it but for right now, i've decided on sapphire black with beige interior and burl walnut trim. Classic, classy and open feeling. I WISH the lemon drop was available in the USA.

Is it available if I do european delivery? lol
With the beige interior you need to consider that it's impossible to keep clean. That color interior gets dirty sitting on the showroom floor. The carpets in my opinon are way too light and look terrible in no time at all. Ever see a 2 year old sand Bimmer? Not to harp on terra but I consider it a benefit that it has black carpet and trim. Same with lemon.
      07-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #15
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I have a white w/beige leatherette 1999 e46, and never regretted the choice. It is cool in the hot sun, does not need frequent washing, no $ for metallic, the interior hides wear and tear very well -- I have 3 boys and live in the country -- and it is not pretentious. But my dad had an old white MB 190sl for 30 years, so maybe I just acclimated to it... I would like either an E91 320d or 330d (which we cannot get here in the USA - but what a perfect functional car! Funny that more folks on this list are not clamoring for the diesels), or an E90 335(0)i turbo when (if!) that materializes. I am leaning towards artik silver w/ beige -- I think that has a high tech, but mellow look to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2005, 05:49 AM   #16
Jerel56
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I have a Saphire/Biege with Pop. trim and I think it gives the perfect blend of sportiness with class. If you're getting a black exterior, IMO, a black interior just amps up the sport factor. For me, I wanted a balance and, I think the black with biege is the perfect solution. I'd still like to see Terra in person however. I didn't go that way because the pics just didn't do it for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #17
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Alpine/Terra/poplar
Attached Images

07-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #18
scottjones
Professional Member
United_States
Rep

I actually looked at the terra.. but... I ended up going with a 330i, black sapphire, black leather, burl walnut trim, premium/cold/nav/sat prep automatic.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #19
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
black with beige makes a very good contrast