F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 left side trunk cubby depth
proTUNING Freaks

11-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
royjovero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

F30 left side trunk cubby depth

Hey all, I know I can just bust out a tape measure and check myself when I get home tonight, but I'm goofing off at work.

Anyway, does anyone happen to know how deep the area in the trunk where the stock stereo amp is? Like from the floor up to where the trunk liner is. I'm in the process of adding a sub amp to my system and just started wondering if what I have planned will fit.

If anyone's curious, I currently have HiFi sound with a Technic harness going to an Alpine PDX-V9 installed in that cubby hole thing. I have an Alpine R-W12D4 installed in a Visual Ice enclosure filling the left side area. I want to give my sub more power, so I obtained an Alpine PDX-M12 and some stacking plates. I want to know if I'd be able to have my two amps stacked and still be able to reinstall the sub enclosure.

If no one knows, then I'll probably just measure myself at some time and will let you all know.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0