E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E92 Aftermarket Sub Amp Mounting

12-13-2018, 10:13 PM   #1
Skylinemotorsports
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335

E92 Aftermarket Sub Amp Mounting

I recently bought a JBL GTR-1001 and did not bother to think about placement when I bought it, figuring it would fit under the trunk mat.

Unfortunately its to large to really fit on that frame without some modding. Is that the fuel tank under the black cover? I guess my question is does anyone have any good suggestions on where to mount the sub in a e92

335?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i f30

I have my 2 12s pushed all the way back in the trunk and my amp is mounted on the trunk mat in front of it. It takes away functionality of the trunk but it looks nice if done correctly. I attached a pic from the day I put them in but i have since rerouted some of the wires under the carpet and what not and it looks alot better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
Skylinemotorsports
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335

Thanks! I did think about putting it on the back like you have your amp mounted, but then I am thinking i might mount it upside down on top of the rear deck. Read a DIY on how to access it but it looks to be a PITA, but I really dont see to many options here if I want to try to keep my trunk usable.

Did you try mounting it under the carpet on the black section? I have toyed with filling some of that down it can fit there but then it does not sit 100% flush....
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinemotorsports View Post
Thanks! I did think about putting it on the back like you have your amp mounted, but then I am thinking i might mount it upside down on top of the rear deck. Read a DIY on how to access it but it looks to be a PITA, but I really dont see to many options here if I want to try to keep my trunk usable.

Did you try mounting it under the carpet on the black section? I have toyed with filling some of that down it can fit there but then it does not sit 100% flush....
I never thought about anything else other than building a custom amp rack but I dont use my trunk anyway so ai figured it would make for a cool display to mount it there.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 02:02 AM   #5
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Are you asking where to mount the sub or the amp you bought? What sub are you running?

Some have corner loaded subs; which would give you the a ability to mount along the back seat.

Some have rear-firing and they mount (when the stock left corner cant handle the size) on the enclosure.

I've seen a few that raise the middle panel of the trunk so they can fit amps in the telematics location.

I personally bought an amp that would fit the stock location and then fire a ported sub directly into the cabin after cutting the armrest/passthrough area out. Keeps the trunk usable too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0