BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 '14 2.0D

Question Coding question

Hi all

Newb here, not sure if this will be in the right section, I have searched extensively but can't seem to find a definitive answer so i'm hoping someone can kindly offer some advice.
My new car (2014 F25) has 606 Business Nav (CHAMP2 I think, combox in back) I took it to a local coding guy today to have EBT and some other options coded. My idrive menu regarding Bluetooth functions has changed but i still can't stream audio, from my research here i am guessing this is because 6NH was changed to 6NK instead of 6NL (?). He's happy to change this for me if i pop back in on Monday and hopefully it should then work.
Now, the main reason for me wanting EBT is that i am desperate to get the voice command button on the steering wheel to invoke Google Assistant on my phone, does anybody have the same set up or know if this would even be possible? If so do any of the coding guru's on here have any pointers i can share with the coding guy?
Any advice/thoughts would be gratefully received.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
Never heard of voice command button being able to invoke Google Assistant on a connected phone. Even Siri requires Apple CarPlay, not just EBT.

But if you do get it working, please post on how you did!
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #3
xpact
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2013 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevc4949 View Post
Hi all

Newb here, not sure if this will be in the right section, I have searched extensively but can't seem to find a definitive answer so i'm hoping someone can kindly offer some advice.
My new car (2014 F25) has 606 Business Nav (CHAMP2 I think, combox in back) I took it to a local coding guy today to have EBT and some other options coded. My idrive menu regarding Bluetooth functions has changed but i still can't stream audio, from my research here i am guessing this is because 6NH was changed to 6NK instead of 6NL (?). He's happy to change this for me if i pop back in on Monday and hopefully it should then work.
Now, the main reason for me wanting EBT is that i am desperate to get the voice command button on the steering wheel to invoke Google Assistant on my phone, does anybody have the same set up or know if this would even be possible? If so do any of the coding guru's on here have any pointers i can share with the coding guy?
Any advice/thoughts would be gratefully received.

I have 2013 X3 30d with CHAMP2 as well

It seem like I have 6NHA does that mean I can activate EBT as well ( to stream music from my phone via Bluetooth)

I am new to this as well. Today I have updated my Navigation to the latest Move Europe 2018-2

Could you tell me where is your combox located?

I am not sure If I have one. I looked in front of the battery but the cover is somewhat sealed and I dont have the proper tool (it looks like I will need a flat screw driver with something like a notch).

Do you know if the combox is a must have in order to have a NBT.

I should be cautious if I visit a local coder. I better start learning to do it myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #4
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yes i believe it is correct that you will need a combox in order to have EBT coded in. Mine is in the battery compartment.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 08:24 AM   #5
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
Never heard of voice command button being able to invoke Google Assistant on a connected phone. Even Siri requires Apple CarPlay, not just EBT.

But if you do get it working, please post on how you did!
OK if it dosent operate once i have the BT audio streaming connected and working then I think my only options are a NBT retrofit or an Android aftermarket unit.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
please post on how you did!

Ok so i took the car back to my coding guy and changing 6NK to 6NL worked for BT streaming, the phone now recognises the car as a speaker and i can skip tracks using idrive (sometimes).

I also got him to activate- CMB_MEDIA -> 3000 -> SYS_EIN_AUS -> set to aktiv (default is nicht_aktiv). Now a short press of the button does initiate the car to listen for commands and it is limited to telephone functions only. A long press does nothing.
Appreciate 0