BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Locking in lease rates while waiting for an order? Help!

01-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Locking in lease rates while waiting for an order? Help!

I have a M5 Comp on order that is scheduled to go into production in the next week or so. Should arrive to my dealer sometime in March. When we placed the order in December, I was working directly with the sales manager and we agreed on the monthly lease rate based on December programs...which they said we locked into for when my car delivers. The sales manager noted that if programs improve, I'll get those improved rates.

So now that January programs have improved in terms of residuals (with only a very small increase to MF), I'm trying to confirm updated pricing with my dealer. The sales manager I was working with has since left the dealership so now I'm working with his replacement. While the new sales manager has agreed that my negotiated deal will still be honored, he doesn't seem to have as much experience with BMW so I'm having to hound him to get an updated lease quote using the January programs, as well as to confirm that the lease rate using the January program is locked in for when my car delivers in March.

So my question is as follows: Is there a process the dealer needs to go through with BMWNA to lock in updated monthly lease programs while waiting on delivery of a car?
      01-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

yes , they need to submit your info with January date so they can apply the new rates
anyway your negotiated deal with Dec data might expire . If not mistaken the numbers are honored for 2-3 months depending on east vs west coast
not sure about Texas if they apply east or west coast time frame.
but usually dealers will honor the monthly payment by changing the discount they give you as they can't change RV or MF as these are determined by BMWFS. Let them switch to better numbers now and they can change again if they get better in March and most likely they will as M5C are not flying off the lots with the original low RV
Appreciate 0