BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
tigabalm
Rep
Drives: X5 35i

Considering high mileage 30d...

Hi All,

Been in the Audi scene for a long time and finally looking to make the switch over to the dark side.

Right now I'm in Korea and 99% of the X3's here are diesels and am currently looking at Pre-LCI 30d's. Been researching on the forums and seems I should look out for cooling system and steering rack issues on higher mileage vehicles?

I have narrowed my search down to two:

2012 X3 30d (High Spec) - 180k KM (112k MI) @ ~18,000 USD
2011 X3 30d (Base Spec) - 120k KM (75k MI) @ ~20,000 USD

Both are similarly spec'd with nearly all options. Packages are weird in Korea and X3's are offered in a Base and "High" Spec. Still having trouble differentiating the difference in trim levels as from the pictures (will be taking a look at them this weekend) I can glean that they both have Nav Package (larger screen), rear heated seats, napa leather, pano roof and 306 Streamline wheels.

Just have a couple questions regarding specifics to look out for when I check them out:
1) Assuming same trim level/options, any input on mileage vs price? Gut instinct is that 2K is definitely worth 50k mi with no major changes between 2011 and 2012.
2) Been getting mixed results regarding power lift gate, does anyone know which package this was offered with? And am I correct to assume that if it doesn't have the "close button" on the lift gate, that it doesn't have the power lift gate?
3) Adaptive Cruise (Not dynamic cruise) was not offered on these model years right?

Sorry, I know that was a big question dump, but would appreciate any and all input you guys could provide.

Thanks!

Last edited by tigabalm; 01-29-2019 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0