E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Visiting Kapalua

07-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Visiting Kapalua

Can anyone recommend places to visit, things to do, and good restaurants in Kapalua?

I will be going there in August.

Thanks for your time!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

things to do:

- snorkel at molokini(go in the morning when its sunny and not windy..and do not leave from lahaina or else you'll probably get sea sickness and ruin the event)

- snorkel the makena/wailea coast if you wanna see lots of turtles.

- go to haleakala summit for the sunrise or sunset...i personally like the sunset better because it looks pretty the same except you're not freezing your balls off from all the wind in the early morning.

- drive to hana and the 7pools. now i suggest you take your time and stop at all the spots you see lots of other tourist cars, because hana its self isn't all that much. pretty much a old fishing town.

- watch ulalena and the warren and annabell's magic show on front street. ulalena is amazing from what i hear and not one bad review from my experience. warren's magic show is more so cool card tricks but the guy is a pretty good comedian so it makes for a fun night. just dont buy the dinner package from him, eat somewhere else ;-)

since i live here its hard to think off the top of my head what to do since im not a tourist. once you arrive your hotel or most stores will have stands where you can pick up mags that list all the activities and places to eat.

im not really into high class/expensive food so i can't suggest anywhere. i dont know, maybe its because im 22 and im a cheap guy when it comes to food so you'll find me at mcdonalds, taco bell, and other plate lunch places. oh oh, go to Da Kitchen in town after you arrive on the island(if its before 8pm). one of my favored local places. just try all the local places out. you might like them.

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
808e46m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
2002 M3  [0.00]
I assume you're staying in the Kapalua resort (Ritz carlton?) since you asked. The resort itself has a few good eating places (sansei restaurant & the restaurants in the Ritz are good) and the golf is awesome but $$. The PGA has the annual mercedes championships at the plantation course there. Lahaina is nice - there's a ruth's chris on front street. Not much in kaanapali for food - mostly shopping. The golf there is okay too, but kapalua is much better for your $$. The other things the previous post mentioned are good to see too, but haleakala and hana are VERY far from Kapalua so plan accordingly - check google maps for travel time & distance.
      08-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I forgot to check this, I apologize for the late response but want to thank you both for your very helpful information! Thanks for your time, I will be here until the 24th.
Appreciate 0