F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Kombi keeps rebooting with car off
ARMA SPEED

03-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318d F30 LCI

Kombi keeps rebooting with car off

Hi everyone! Like the title says.. When I shut off the engine, kombi starts a loop:

- [P] icon disappears on kombi and on gear knob
- kombi shuts off and on
- [P] icon appears on kombi and lights up on gear knob
- kombi shuts off and on

and this keeps happening every 30 seconds.

This video shows clearly the issue:

Provided that I have a carplay/camera video interface installed, what could be the issue? The interface or something else? I would say the interface but how does it interfere with the auto trasmission gear knob lights??
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #2
teaml
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoSONIC View Post
Hi everyone! Like the title says.. When I shut off the engine, kombi starts a loop:

- kombi shuts off and on
- kombi shuts off and on

Provided that I have a carplay/camera video interface installed, what could be the issue? The interface or something else? I would say the interface but how does it interfere with the auto trasmission gear knob lights??
when car goes into first sleep mode it's shuts most electronics. at that point is u open drivers door it will turn kombi and gearbox on. these are the symptoms your describe. So there is something from your hu nbt or some other equipment is still running in background which is not letting car goes to sleep. The only way is when car locked with fob it should go to sleep mode in about 3 minutes to so. to check car in sleep mode look hazard switch lights out.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318d F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaml View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoSONIC View Post

- kombi shuts off and on
- kombi shuts off and on

when car goes into first sleep mode it's shuts most electronics. at that point is u open drivers door it will turn kombi and gearbox on. these are the symptoms your describe. So there is something from your hu nbt or some other equipment is still running in background which is not letting car goes to sleep. The only way is when car locked with fob it should go to sleep mode in about 3 minutes to so. to check car in sleep mode look hazard switch lights out.
When car is locked with fob, after some time it shuts off everything fine.. it's this first sleep mode state that isn't working.. could be the carplay interface to not allow the car to go in first sleep mode?
Appreciate 0