BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-25-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
lights
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

CarPlay - how do you get it to call a business?

I absolutely cannot figure this out and I’ve had CarPlay in my cars since the very beginning in 2016.

I can say ‘Hey Siri call Bob’ and if Bob is in my phone contacts list, it calls Bob.

But when I say ‘Hey Siri call BMW of Bellevue’ which is a business that is not in my contacts list, it says:

‘One option I’ve found is BMW of Bellevue’

and displays a list of local BMW dealers and similar businesses. Tapping one of them brings me to Maps, where, as far as I can tell, the only option is to get directions to the business. There is no voice or screen subsequent action that I can figure out which actually will place a phone call.

Anyone know what the trick is? Or did Apple just royally f’ this up? I asked Sori to call BMW of Bellevue, not to give me directions...
2019 BMW x5 40i . premium tier . offroad package . integral active steering . parking assistance package . remote start . trailer hitch . heated seats/wheel/armrests . trailer hitch . 20" wheels . arctic gray
Appreciate 0