BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
WBMWKID
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 BMW M3

Ordering Mistakes

I just took delivery of my X5 40i M Sport that I ordered. Here is what I have learned and hopefully with give you something to think about when ordering yours. Ordered 3/23/19. Took delivery 4/16/19

Here is what I ordered and what I would change.
X5 xdrive 40i, black sapphire, Beige leather - no change
The B58 engine is very smooth and enough power.. no need for the V8..except for the sound..V8 sounds great.
Very impressive mileage..on a road trip..got up to 29 mpg..now I was driving very timid..break in period and all..ended up overall at around 27.2 mpg...so unbelievable mileage..
Huge gas tank - so range is 500 miles plus.
M Sport package, premium tier (head up display) - no change
Parking assist, m sport brakes (these are great - must have)
space saver spare - great deal at $150 - no change
trailer hitch- wouldn't have gotten the vehicle without this option.
Harmon Kardon..okay this is where is gets tricky. The sound make me think of what the standard stereo should sound like. Not much of an upgrade - so you may want to consider the BW upgrade - but a bit pricey..however not sure you can go aftermarket for that price that will integrate with BMW's ecosystem. Something to consider.

Okay this is where the changes if I were to do again..

First I would order the Laserlights - looks way to cool not to.

Second...not sure I would order the Driving Assist Prof Package (DAPP) again. It seems that this is a work in progress. If BMW would commit to upgrading via OTA software updates..then okay..but haven't seen much on the this. So I will be hoping. But for now, still in beta form if you ask me.

Third I would go and sit in the multi - contour seats - the standard seats in the M Sport package..to me..are a bit hard. May even consider getting the Luxury Seating package instead of the DAPP.

If you don't get the DAPP then I would consider getting the active cruise control.

In saying all of this..the X5 is a road trip machine..very quiet and comfortable. Great SUV...I mean SAV....

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
BMWPenPen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M40i  [0.00]
I would love to hear everyone’s opinion on whether DAPP is worth it?
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPenPen View Post
I would love to hear everyone’s opinion on whether DAPP is worth it?
Absolutely worth every penny. It takes a lot of stress out of driving and works very well. The vehicle stays centered in the lane at all speeds and around curves. The Extended Traffic Jam Assist does a great job also and makes traffic jams a little easier to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
imfletcher
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘18XC90,‘13A8L->&#

Quote:
I would love to hear everyone's opinion on whether DAPP is worth it?
It's one of the more advanced self-driving systems available for just $1700. You'll be happy you did it the first time stick in traffic (especially on a highway)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
BMWPenPen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M40i  [0.00]
Thanks for your replies. I think it's just the internet horror stories playing with my mind that your car will stop while going 80 in the middle of the highway.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
WBMWKID
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 BMW M3

Quote:
Thanks for your replies. I think it's just the internet horror stories playing with my mind that your car will stop while going 80 in the middle of the highway.
So far no abrupt stopping. The DAPP does like to ping pong a bit and the reminder to put you hands on the wheel is like every 15 seconds. It will change lanes for you but you must remember to click the blinker off when about 3/4 of the way over so it only changes one lane. Hoping this get's better over time via software updates.
Appreciate 0