E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Rogue Engineering Short Shift Kit

03-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
wu852
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 325i

Rogue Engineering Short Shift Kit

Has anyone actually installed this? Can this be done by yourself or needs to be done at a shop? If at a shop how much should installation cost? Is the shifting very smooth after installation?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

If you have reasonably good mechanical skills, you should be able to install the short shift kit. However, it would be difficult to do so without a lift or at a minimum four good/safe jack stands. I applaud you for considering the route of installing a 'real' short shift kit as opposed to the low and or heavy shift knobs that are being marketed as short shifters. I haven't seen the kit for the E90 but Rogue Engineering builds a quality product and has a good reputation for customer service. I have used their kits on earier BMWs
Appreciate 0