BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #1
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

2nd Driver profile

I went ahead and followed the instructions to create a 2nd profile for my wife and I unassumingly chose her as the primary owner as well thinking that 2 people can be the owners of the car in the connected drive profile. I did have my suspicion though and logged in to mine after that and voila - the car disappeared from my profile so I had to add it again as the primary and created her as a secondary. I believe she won't have access to a lot of things but is there a way that both of us can be primary or have access to all the features - the important thing being that we want to use just 1 key instead of having 2 separate keys.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 12:51 AM   #2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Garage List
You can't link one key to two profiles. You can use one key, but you'll have to change your profiles manually. She will still have all the same options that you have, nothing will be different.

If each one uses their own key, the car will switch profiles automatically.

Also, if you link any key to a profile, you won't be able to change to that profile unless you have the linked key, or you'll need to enter a PIN or your ConnectedDrive account password.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902 View Post
You can't link one key to two profiles. You can use one key, but you'll have to change your profiles manually. She will still have all the same options that you have, nothing will be different.

If each one uses their own key, the car will switch profiles automatically.

Also, if you link any key to a profile, you won't be able to change to that profile unless you have the linked key, or you'll need to enter a PIN or your ConnectedDrive account password.
Yup I figured this out and we are ok with changing the profiles manually. Setup a shortcut preset #4 to get to that menu or via the idrive when you enter the car at the beginning anyway.
Appreciate 0