E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Experience with North Carolina dealers?

03-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
jakeramovitch
Rep
Drives: mercedes e320

Experience with North Carolina dealers?

Hi.
getting ready to start negotiating and was just wondering if anyone had experiences with BMW dealerships in North carolina? Any SA recommendations (or warnings?)

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
brianf.nc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i sport

I've recently had experience with the 2 in the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill).

Test drive in Chapel Hill - very pleasant client/customer "advisor". Very good drive to experience multiple roads (I-40, 2 lane "back roads", stop/go, etc.) and the car handling in each. Drove similar vehicle to what I eventually wanted to (did) order.

Started negotiation with Chapel Hill internet sales due to “rules of engagement” in my employers corporate purchase program. Polite and responsive, but not willing to negotiate, at least not in what I believed to be, and this forum suggest, is a reasonable price.

Visited the Raleigh dealer to drive a car much closer to the model I was considering while still negotiating with Chapel Hill sales. Equally pleasant client/customer "advisor". Equally adequate driving opportunity.

Engaged Raleigh dealer on negotiations and got much, much closer to my target price right out the gates.

Summary: Both are equal until you talk price. Demand in the triangle area seems to be strong for these cars, so price negotiations happen and work, but my experience was within but at the high end of the range that you will find in these forums regarding "reasonable range over invoice".
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
mtnyeti12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Performance BMW in Chapel Hill is pretty good. If you near Charolette or don't mind the drive - Hendrick BMW has probabaly the best prices and CA's in the state (at least in the internet dept).
      04-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
jakeramovitch
Rep
Drives: mercedes e320

thanks - will probably try negotiating via internet with Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Charlotte and see who gives me best price.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
matt19hsc
Rep
Drives: 2006 MB/B 325i & 2006 X3

I recommend Greg Hayes at Hendrick BMW. The best there.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
greenham
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I bought my E90 from Leith BMW in Raleigh. Worked w/ David Malette. Not pushy, nego on price. Would buy from them again.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
smith22
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 as well as other BMWs

I would definately go with FLow BMW in Winston-Salem. They beat are easily the best N.C. BMW dealer in the state. I have dealt with hendrick and crown and they are horrible. Not to mention Flow has gotten the customer satisfaction award, I think, for the past 6 years, in a row, which is really an unprecedented accomplishment. Everyone there is great including sales and service. I will continue to buy BMW only from Flow. They also have Mini and they used to be the only dealer in the state with mini. I have actually gotten to know a few folks who buy cars from them and they are from Charlotte and the Triangle area. THaT tells you something right there.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #8
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith22
I would definately go with FLow BMW in Winston-Salem. They beat are easily the best N.C. BMW dealer in the state. I have dealt with hendrick and crown and they are horrible. Not to mention Flow has gotten the customer satisfaction award, I think, for the past 6 years, in a row, which is really an unprecedented accomplishment. Everyone there is great including sales and service. I will continue to buy BMW only from Flow. They also have Mini and they used to be the only dealer in the state with mini. I have actually gotten to know a few folks who buy cars from them and they are from Charlotte and the Triangle area. THaT tells you something right there.
I got mine from Flow, and I am in Asheville, way over here on the far end lol and we have a dealership here

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

I dealt with Darby Fife at Flow and would recommend her in a second. Didn't care for the GM, he was arrogant and rude when we were trying to nail down a price for my trade.

All in all, I'd go back if I had the $$ to go back!
Appreciate 0