E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Stealership clueless after 2 weeks

07-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
Longsmith
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i catless only mod

Stealership clueless after 2 weeks

08 335i MHD mod. I had my cabin air filter off and engine cover off for a week or so. Went to reassemble and afterwards it would turn over but not crank. Idrive was giving me every possible malfunction code. Couldn’t communicate with computer until I Messed with wiring harness and removed the air filter and covers again. Then I had a chance to clear codes and it started right up. Did this a few more times but had it towed To the dealership. It’s been 2 weeks. They replaced the DME but couldn’t communicate so they replaced the pins on wiring harness and still can’t communicate. They are just replacing shit now. Do I have to pay for all the shit they replaced that wasn’t the problem? Also side note. 2 month old OEM battery is apparently dead now too but covered under warranty. Not sure what drained it .
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

You should only need to pay for the work that was agreed upon. They should have given you a call with a quote for anything extra that would cost you something unless you said specifically to them to do whatever is needed to fix it and you'll pay it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
Longsmith
United_States
Rep

I told them at first to do whatever it needed And they said it was The DME. But the new one fixed nothing. So they said the connectors on the wiring harness. Still nothing. So they’re just guessing... usually these guys just do what the computer tells them the problem is but without communication they are having to do real mechanic stuff. They said the shop foreman is now in charge of the project.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
Longsmith
United_States
Rep

It’s probably something simple like a loose ground or corrosion under the battery. I panicked and had it towed there.
Appreciate 0