E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Difference between mhd v5 v6 v7 and v8 beta

07-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

Difference between mhd v5 v6 v7 and v8 beta

Just curious as to what the difference between them are. I'm currently running on v7 and was just wondering if any of the other ones feel better power wise. Like v8 beta maybe?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
alexristainoN54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog573 View Post
Just curious as to what the difference between them are. I'm currently running on v7 and was just wondering if any of the other ones feel better power wise. Like v8 beta maybe?
ran v5 e40 and power down low was minimal but power up top with 21.5 psi was insane.

currently running V8 E50 and sooo much power down low and up top.

I like V8 a lot better, even asked mhd and they said run V8 they are the cleanest maps they have released.
Fuel-it stage 2 lpfp
XHP stage 3
Bilstein b12
m3 arms
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexristainoN54 View Post
Quote:
ran v5 e40 and power down low was minimal but power up top with 21.5 psi was insane.

I like V8 a lot better, even asked mhd and they said run V8 they are the cleanest maps they have released.
Ok cool. Also not sure if know anything but I've been reading up on the mhd coolant target option. Is it ok to target track mode during summer because I'd the best wear I love and switch it bsck to stock coolant during winter?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Also if I ran the v8 e30 map since I still got stock lpfp. Would it be ok to run a mixture sometimes but sometimes just straight 93 without switching the tune. Or you think it would cause issues without there being a mix
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #5
alexristainoN54
Private
Rep

no change tunes between ethenol and straight pump, they have different combustion temps so they need different timing logs.

and I run the one up from stock all the time, sport I believe?

not sure what the effects would be of running track all the time. I'd just stick with sport, it does the trick and I know most run that

you can already here the coolant pump in overdrive at times in sport, so it might put a lot of strain running it constantly.
Fuel-it stage 2 lpfp
XHP stage 3
Bilstein b12
m3 arms
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no change tunes between ethenol and straight pump, they have different combustion temps so they need different timing logs.

not sure what the effects would be of running track all the time. I'd just stick with sport, it does the trick and I know most run that

you can already here the coolant pump in overdrive at times in sport, so it might put a lot of strain running it constantly.
Doesn't the coolant pump already run constantly anyways regardless of which option you use? I know the coolant yet gets have a lot to do with the thermostat heater. Just didn't know if it made the pump run faster or not
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
alexristainoN54
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't the coolant pump already run constantly anyways regardless of which option you use? I know the coolant yet gets have a lot to do with the thermostat heater. Just didn't know if it made the pump run faster or not
it always runs but in sport you can hear it really pick up and run a lot harder than I've ever heard it run stock.
Fuel-it stage 2 lpfp
XHP stage 3
Bilstein b12
m3 arms
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #8
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it always runs but in sport you can hear it really pick up and run a lot harder than I've ever heard it run stock.
Oh ok. I'll stick with sport then for daily driving and probably switch it back to stock in winter so I don't have heat issues inside
Appreciate 1