E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Screech/squeak when turning

07-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Screech/squeak when turning

Difficult to diagnose noises I know but...

2009 E90 328i (RWD) with 44,000 miles.

-Power steering fluid drained and filled a few times with CHF-11S around 33k miles. Fluid is clean and full, no leaks anywhere, fluid level does not drop.

-Brakes replaced all the way around with Zimmerman rotors, Textar pads before a road trip at 40,000 miles (rears were worn so did them all). Noise started halfway through trip at about 42000 miles.

When steering only to the left when the wheel is pointing towards the 10 o'clock position I can hear a squeaking/screeching sound from the front end with windows up. I cannot hear it windows down as the wind noise is too loud. If I turn more to the left or more towards center it disappears. If I take a sharp left turn and pass 10 o'clock position it will screech at that particular position as I'm returning the wheel to center. It happens only when moving (eliminates PS pump I think), and I can hold the wheel in the 10 o'clock position around a corner and apply the brakes and the noise will go away and come back when I let off the brakes. This makes me think it is brake related, but I pulled them all apart and everything is clean and tight with no signs of rocks or debris. Anti-rattle clips are snug.

Any ideas? Suspension all seems tight as well. I'm stumped. It isn't all that loud, but it's loud enough that a passenger noticed it. Maybe a caliper not releasing all the way? The frequency of the noise seems to remain the same whether I turn at 20 mph or 40 mph.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0