BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Production and Availability X3M vs Jaguar SVR

interesting, go on autotrader and do a US wide search

X3M available

F Pace SVR available

not sure what that means but there it is
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

So far it means that $80k for an X3 is a tough ask.

Don't get me wrong, I think the vehicle is great, but not a good/great buy at $80k. Especially when I'm seeing a surplus of discounted X3M40i's listed in the mid-$50k at my local dealer.
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5890.00
      08-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #3
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

And there are 154 GLC63S AMG and 166 Alfa Romeo SQ available as well... Looking at the supply of X3MC - it appears most all of them are the HEA ones (most Donnington, didn't see Driver's Assistance Plus, and more than likely therefore also have the Moon roof and spare).

Suspect at this echelon a fair number wish to order custom, so not sure what can be read into those numbers, esp as lack of Driver's Assistance on the HEAs is possibly being seen as a deal breaker by some. Also noted that the F-Pace SVR release was delayed over a year for a critical parts supply problem - not sure how that is playing into their availability either.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
Mako
Rep

I do think i read somewhere that Jaguar was purposely not making a ton of SVRs as they didn't think they would be huge sellers in the $85k-$89k price range.

Tough to pay $5k more for the SVR over the X3MC. Performance will probably be close to the same but SVR does have that sweet V8.
Just can't stand their infotainment and concerns over long term of the company.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
MRichmond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR, e60 M5, e36 IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Tough to pay $5k more for the SVR over the X3MC. Performance will probably be close to the same but SVR does have that sweet V8.
I just ordered an SVR. Chose it over the X3MC, GLC63, Stelvio QF and Macan Turbo. Fairly obvious choice for me for basically the same money. BMW's infotainment is preferable but the SVR's screen is nicely intergrated into the dash unlike the plastered-on ipad look, and the SVR's is nicely configurable. The SVR's exterior and interior appearance, immediate V8 supercharged power, ride comfort balance, and sound won me over. Different strokes for different folks.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
Mako
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichmond View Post
Quote:
I just ordered an SVR. Chose it over the X3MC, GLC63, Stelvio QF and Macan Turbo. Fairly obvious choice for me for basically the same money. BMW's infotainment is preferable but the SVR's screen is nicely intergrated into the dash unlike the plastered-on ipad look, and the SVR's is nicely configurable. The SVR's exterior and interior appearance, immediate V8 supercharged power, ride comfort balance, and sound won me over. Different strokes for different folks.
Trust me I am still considering it. It's near the top of my list.

How much discount off msrp did you get? Heard Jaguar is usually 10-15% but SVR might be different.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
So far it means that $80k for an X3 is a tough ask.

Don't get me wrong, I think the vehicle is great, but not a good/great buy at $80k. Especially when I'm seeing a surplus of discounted X3M40i's listed in the mid-$50k at my local dealer.
Totally agree. 84K is tough for x3. Like i mentioned in other thread - it is impossible to use full M trim SUV. you can not take it to the track. instead you are sacrificing ride quality and other conveniences for performance you never going to use.

M performance is where SUVs should stop. I truly believe M40 x3 is much better value proposition with better ride quality , new engine at 382HP and new I7 tech. all for 60K and more than enough performance for the street.

If i were spending 84K i would be looking at the new x5 M50. 523 Hp v8. comfortable ride. tons of utility and huge improvement in features/tech /utility.
-Remote start,
-Self driving Assistant Pro,
- 3d view, Connected services,
-Digital key card on your phone.
-Merino leather, massaging seats, Full leather interior , alcatara ceiling, - leather dashboard
-full size trunk for mountain bikes, spare tire with same floor height, etc
-B&W stereo,
-sky lounge.
-Laser lights..
-list goes on......
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
MRichmond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR, e60 M5, e36 IP

Quote:
Trust me I am still considering it. It's near the top of my list.

How much discount off msrp did you get? Heard Jaguar is usually 10-15% but SVR might be different.
Nowhere near that on an SVR. I got about 3k off on a 2020 custom order. If buying a 2019 that is already on the lot, you can do significantly better. But there are so few of them on the ground right now and none was close to the combination of exterior/interior colors and equipment that I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #9
Mako
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Totally agree. 84K is tough for x3. Like i mentioned in other thread - it is impossible to use full M trim SUV. you can not take it to the track. instead you are sacrificing ride quality and other conveniences for performance you never going to use.

M performance is where SUVs should stop. I truly believe M40 x3 is much better value proposition with better ride quality , new engine at 382HP and new I7 tech. all for 60K and more than enough performance for the street.

If i were spending 84K i would be looking at the new x5 M50. 523 Hp v8. comfortable ride. tons of utility and huge improvement in features/tech /utility.
-Remote start,
-Self driving Assistant Pro,
- 3d view, Connected services,
-Digital key card on your phone.
-Merino leather, massaging seats, Full leather interior , alcatara ceiling, - leather dashboard
-full size trunk for mountain bikes, spare tire with same floor height, etc
-B&W stereo,
-sky lounge.
-Laser lights..
-list goes on......
except what if you don't want an SUV the size of a X5? that is how I always felt about the M3 vs M550i. Sure the M550i would be a better daily driver and I don't track my cars anymore (since I had kids) BUT I don't want a vehicle the size of a 5 series/X5 and you can't get the upgraded seats and leather that I love in the Ms in the basic versions.

Maybe I am one of the few out there, but I could never understand why no one offers a super luxury small sedan or SUV, I guess Porsche Macan is the closest there is but at those prices I would rather get an X3M, haha.

Take a M340i and offer it with all the features a 5 series has (just as options) it will be priced under a M3 still but lots of people will want it who don't need/want the M3 performance but do want a smaller car with the luxury the bigger ones have. Sorry want off on a rant there!
Appreciate 2